Plagiarism/inspiration

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattlock

Feb 28, 2004
www.superhyperreal.com
http://www.straitstimes.com/ST+Forum/Story/STIStory_307224.html

" Two balloons - and which came first

Mr Ng and his daughter with the Koons sculpture in Paris (seen here) and Neidhart's work in Singapore (next picture). --
I REFER to Tuesday's article, 'Art blown up'.

I was surprised to see the picture of Untitled (Balloon Flower) by artist Mathis Neidhart, which is exhibited at the Singapore Art Museum. During my holiday in Paris this month, I saw a similar art piece at Chateau de Versailles.

Exhibited in the former palace by artist Jeff Koons, it was also titled Balloon Flower.

So which is the original? "

For comparison sake, here's Jeff Koon's version.

koons400.jpg

and another one

ST_IMAGES_26BALLOONPIC1.jpg

PHOTO: COURTESY OF GERALD NG

and another one in New York but I don't have a picture of it

Jeff Koons must be so pleased to have inspired such creativity

http://www.straitstimes.com/ST+Forum/Story/STIStory_307224.html

" Two balloons - and which came first

Mr Ng and his daughter with the Koons sculpture in Paris (seen here) and Neidhart's work in Singapore (next picture). --
I REFER to Tuesday's article, 'Art blown up'.

I was surprised to see the picture of Untitled (Balloon Flower) by artist Mathis Neidhart, which is exhibited at the Singapore Art Museum. During my holiday in Paris this month, I saw a similar art piece at Chateau de Versailles.

Exhibited in the former palace by artist Jeff Koons, it was also titled Balloon Flower.

So which is the original? "

For comparison sake, here's Jeff Koon's version.

koons400.jpg

and another one

ST_IMAGES_26BALLOONPIC1.jpg

PHOTO: COURTESY OF GERALD NG

and another one in New York but I don't have a picture of it

Jeff Koons must be so pleased to have inspired such creativity

how's ripping someone else's work off being creative? the only thing they altered was the color!!! so that's more of a blatant rip off then that other thread that someone was saying clang was copied.

how's ripping someone else's work off being creative? the only thing they altered was the color!!! so that's more of a blatant rip off then that other thread that someone was saying clang was copied.

I was being sarcastic...heheh

Status
Not open for further replies.