Places to fix camera?

Dehl

Mar 1, 2019
Looking for a reliable place to fix my digital camera with a damaged SD card slot, any recommendations?

May I know what brand it is? You can have a look around and compare between different stores as they do charge vastly different prices so always compare and spend time looking around. I personally recommend Hilos Camera Repair (Although he might not be free so you've got to message him over Facebook first). You can also look into Camera Hospital which offers good repairs but albeit quite pricey. There are also Prime Camera and P&G Photographic center which offer fantastic service. I would stay away from The Camera Workshop as they are for lack of a better word rather incompetent. All the best!

Reactions: Dehl
May I know what brand it is? You can have a look around and compare between different stores as they do charge vastly different prices so always compare and spend time looking around. I personally recommend Hilos Camera Repair (Although he might not be free so you've got to message him over Facebook first). You can also look into Camera Hospital which offers good repairs but albeit quite pricey. There are also Prime Camera and P&G Photographic center which offer fantastic service. I would stay away from The Camera Workshop as they are for lack of a better word rather incompetent. All the best!

Hi! thanks for responding! It's a 700D! actually I'm asking on behalf of a friend and from what I've heard, it seems like the SD card slot is faulty. And 100% agree with what you said about TCW, poor poor service and unethical. I would check the rest out, thank you! Hilos seems to be pre busy lately hahah

Last edited:
Reactions: Damien1993
Try P&G Photographic Centre at basement of Adelphi Centre (opposite Funan Centre).

Try P&G Photographic Centre at basement of Adelphi Centre (opposite Funan Centre).

yup! my go-to place for repairs. their other shop is at peninsula shopping centre just opposite benphoto, currently running by the son. :)

yup! my go-to place for repairs. their other shop is at peninsula shopping centre just opposite benphoto, currently running by the son. :)
thank you guys! will check em out :)

cheers man thanks alot :) I've never had issues with a digital camera, but this helps a lot!!

Also, just to add, don't be afraid to compare prices between shops, you'd be surprised how much of a difference there can be. All the best :D

Also, just to add, don't be afraid to compare prices between shops, you'd be surprised how much of a difference there can be. All the best :D
gotcha! have you had any experience with the folks @ P&G? seems like its a popular spot within the insiders!

Before sending for repair, check if there's something inside the SD card slot. Most of the time, a piece of the card chipped off and is blocking the slot.

oh wow the man himself! Thank you for the tip :)