Pirated FFVII Avent Children DVD Sold in shops with Censors Sticker !?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
gary wong said:
where can you still find pirated games? Last time pasar malam still have. now totally gone. All the ah beng no jobs.

Still everywhere lah...whole shop somemore, not those on tabletop types..
Near my house somemore got VCD rental shop $2/movie. Latest movies.

Oh oh, I heard only,..don't ask me where;)

Well, like I said earlier, censorship and piracy are separate issues - censors do not catch pirates.

Anyway I dont think the 1998 Rev Ed was a result of any FTA - it was more to give effect to the TRIPs Agreement which Singapore signed, but I suppose the idea is the same. Anyway 1998 is a long time ago, and if your enquiry was made then, I suppose any advice given to you which is 7 years old should be really taken with a great deal of caution. I initially thought from your post that your query wasn't that old.

kahheng said:
That's hard to say, if they are still awarding censorship stickers to allegedly pirated works.

BTW, my enquiry was around the same year you quoted. The reason why I remember quite clearly because I was surprised to see a censorship approval sticker on the crappy pirate video that my neighbourhood video shop loaned me, and I called the censorship board to make an enquiry. The officer specifically told me that it wasn't illegal under Singapore law to rent them out, and they have no jurisdiction over these things.

Now that we have signed so many free trade agreements with the US after that period, I do not know if the new IP laws has caused this to change or not.

;) i got a pirated one from JB with original subtitles.
My friend bought an original one from a respectable shop with bad subtitles.
:think:

Ahem, a gentle reminder to all CS'ers, keep the pirates back in their own caves., let's not disturb them.

Thanks

Marketplace

Status
Not open for further replies.