Pirated CD shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

ST1100

Jun 18, 2003
Singapore, Bedok
i was walking through Bedok a few weeks back when i came across a pirated software shop. At the front of the shop, above the cashier, was a sign that had something to the effect of "shoplifters will be handed over to police and persecuted".

Frankly, i was quite amused. i did a (very) casual check with a lawyer friend. Yep, he said, they can persecute a shoplifter, though practically, they would be nuts to so do, bcoz to sue a shoplifter, one must produce the stolen item as official exhibit.

1. Does stealing stolen goods constitute an offence? Just want to verify this.

2. Does anyone know of a pirated CD shop who actually called the police (i mean for shoplifting)?

wacko

Mar 27, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
1.) Of course, 2 wrongs don't make a right.

2.) I think their "police" is their mafia gang, you know, bring you into dark alley and teach you some manners...

zha

Feb 24, 2003
Eastside Singapore
Visit site
1. Stolen good or not... stealing in the first place is an offence... BUT, is stealing your best buddy girlfriend an offence..? :bigeyes: ;)

2. Why would a shop selling pirated stuffs want themselves to be identified by the authorities? :dunno:

Anyway, ST1100.. very observant of you to notice that signange ;)

ahbeng

Jun 9, 2003
Visit site
the product is just a few dollars and its affordable for the fellow singapore citizens. who wants to steal man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom