Pictures turning dark at high shutter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then say impossible to achieve under normal condition.
Cause i want to know why can't i acheive a visible shot under tha shutter speed.

To make an exposure for you to see anything at all, the shutter has to open for a period of time for the sensor to register the light passing through. 1/4000 is not long enough in most instances. Most camera can go up to 1/8000 but that doesn't means you have to use it at all.

Then say impossible to achieve under normal condition.
Cause i want to know why can't i acheive a visible shot under tha shutter speed.

Because 1/4000s is stinking fast?! only sooo little light can be captured in that time, thus the darkness of the pictures?
u talk about in normal conditions. no one uses 1/4000 in NORMAL conditions.

i normally dont post but, dude u have no clue at all do you?

Ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha................................

to TS.......... Die Die if you want to use 1/4000, You should buy the new NIKON D3 and shoot at ISO 12800...:think::think: Your cam is not good enough.. :sweatsm::sweatsm:

WTF
12800ISO?

When do i not understand shutter and exposure..
All boils down to "not good cam".

So many mumbo jumbo...

Because 1/4000s is stinking fast?! only sooo little light can be captured in that time, thus the darkness of the pictures?
u talk about in normal conditions. no one uses 1/4000 in NORMAL conditions.

i normally dont post but, dude u have no clue at all do you?

i understand what is shutter and apeture..but i'm though since they have 1/4000s then i must at least be able to ultilise it...if not won't it be a white elephant?

What does it say on the right side of your speedo? 180km/h? 200km/h? When was the last time you drove at 200km/h? If you haven't, is your car a white elephant?

Ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha................................

to TS.......... Die Die if you want to use 1/4000, You should buy the new NIKON D3 and shoot at ISO 12800...:think::think: Your cam is not good enough.. :sweatsm::sweatsm:

Please lah!! He's already confused as it is. He don't need to buy a 7k camera to confirm that confusion.....

What does it say on the right side of your speedo? 180km/h? 200km/h? When was the last time you drove at 200km/h? If you haven't, is your car a white elephant?

:bsmilie:

Hey, my cam says it can go up to 1/8000s, so it bloody well give me great photos at that setting 'cos I'm gonna use it all the time !

;p

Sorry TS, been having a glass or two of wine.....

what a day, another mystery solved..

why picture turning dark at high shutter?? cos shooting 1/4000s at his room...

Ok for teh sake of TS let me use a idoit proof way of explaining exposure and why you get a black picture.

Think of exposure is a scale from 3 -> infinite where smaller means more light is being let into camera (brighter picture)

Exposure is calculated via shutter + aperature + ISO and each has what we call a stop. To make things simple we make it point system.

So shutter 1/30 is 1 point, 1/60 is 2 point so tat will make 1/4000 7 points

Aperature is the same. 2.8 is 1 point, 4 is 2 point, 5.6 is 3 point, 8 is 4 point and 11 is 5 point

ISO will be 1600 is 1 point, 800 is 2 point, 400 is 3 point, 200 is 4 point and 10 is 5 point

On a bright sunny day, if your exposure is say below 14 points you will get a super over exposed picture. so this is where you can use 1/4000.

1/4000 = 7 point iso100 = 5 point aperature 4 = 2 point

But say indoor, you will need 3 points else it will be dark. So mix and match again

1/30=1 ISO1600=1 Apearture2.8=1

The reason why you getting a black picture is cause you are setting 1/4000 in place that needs 7 point to light up.

1/4000=7 point the rest no matter how u get = not enough light as such you get a super dark picture.

If you still understand simple match above you really should just use auto -.-

Ok for teh sake of TS let me use a idoit proof way of explaining exposure and why you get a black picture.

Think of exposure is a scale from 3 -> infinite where smaller means more light is being let into camera (brighter picture)

Exposure is calculated via shutter + aperature + ISO and each has what we call a stop. To make things simple we make it point system.

So shutter 1/30 is 1 point, 1/60 is 2 point so tat will make 1/4000 7 points

Aperature is the same. 2.8 is 1 point, 4 is 2 point, 5.6 is 3 point, 8 is 4 point and 11 is 5 point

ISO will be 1600 is 1 point, 800 is 2 point, 400 is 3 point, 200 is 4 point and 10 is 5 point

On a bright sunny day, if your exposure is say below 14 points you will get a super over exposed picture. so this is where you can use 1/4000.

1/4000 = 7 point iso100 = 5 point aperature 4 = 2 point

But say indoor, you will need 3 points else it will be dark. So mix and match again

1/30=1 ISO1600=1 Apearture2.8=1

The reason why you getting a black picture is cause you are setting 1/4000 in place that needs 7 point to light up.

1/4000=7 point the rest no matter how u get = not enough light as such you get a super dark picture.

If you still understand simple match above you really should just use auto -.-

no really,i understand all this even from the start..
Perhapsmy question ould be how can i acheive a visible picture using 1/4000 under normal condition?or is it something considered an impossibl feat?

It's not that i'm lazy but i don't like sinking myself into books just to learn something which is Practical in nature.
Like cameras and such,i love to fiddle and learn through trial and error.
Sinking myself in book?not my style;)

u dun have to sink urself in books, it won't take much time to understand exposure.

If u dun even want to spend a little time to understand the very basics of wat u're doing, it's called attitude, not style.

Perhapsmy question ould be how can i acheive a visible picture using 1/4000 under normal condition?or is it something considered an impossibl feat?

simple answer, up the ISO.. if you're already at wide open aperture..

Now how o take a 1/4000k picture? Simple use a D3 and set ISO 25600 then use the 50 1.4 lens and use 1.4 aperature and here you get it usable 1/4000 indoor =.=

There's this new paint on the market called the "magnificent 5 stoppers for the 1/4000 photographer". Paint your walls with it and you'll instantly gain about 5 stops of light in your room. You might want to choose the odourless version. Then use 1/4000 to your heart's content.....

Those insane shutter speeds are not meant to be used in the usual outdoor conditions. If you consider this to be a white elephant then you are perhaps right.

Status
Not open for further replies.