Pictures from LX3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, want to go again?;p

Sorry.. but arent the images on pics looked blurred? I read about a blogger's experience of her lx3 at a wedding. They all came out blurred. :dunno:

All of you have nice and great shot can't wait to take on me LX-3 and post in here:thumbsup::thumbsup:

some pics i took with my new LX3 during an outing to Hatta (Oman) with some friends...(if not up to standard no fault of camera... :sweat: paisay paisay i am very new at this...)

n569382545_1147312_1562.jpg

n569382545_1147262_757.jpg

n569382545_1147256_8843.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

The Tiger pic is not sharp at all. Did you over cropped the pixels?

The tiger is not sharp, but the leopard is sharp :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

How do you judge it not sharp?

I guess there's a glass in front of LX-3?
So close, if no protection the leopard will have a tasty meal of the photographer..:bsmilie:

Sorry.. but arent the images on pics looked blurred? I read about a blogger's experience of her lx3 at a wedding. They all came out blurred. :dunno:

Hello =)
The pictures look blur because this was actually a 3-exposure merge. So if people move between the frames, they'll end up blur. Hmm... i'm not too sure what happened with the blogger, but it is likely that the shutter speed was too slow for the low-light of a wedding. The LX3 will not provide SLR-like performance, but if you know what you're doing, it should be able to come close.

Regards =)
QX

hi,

the leopard shot is not perfectly sharp as the pic is taken through a glass....

anyway, one pic i posted in the other thread and like to share here as this thread on pics of LX3...

the sharpness and bokeh of this little compact camera never fails to amaze me:

I was shocked to see the results of LX3 on her blog considering it's from someone who does take pictures for a living.:bigeyes: Anyway, what do you mean by 3 esposure merge? Sorry.. I'm new in this. Thanks ahead. :D

Hello =)
The pictures look blur because this was actually a 3-exposure merge. So if people move between the frames, they'll end up blur. Hmm... i'm not too sure what happened with the blogger, but it is likely that the shutter speed was too slow for the low-light of a wedding. The LX3 will not provide SLR-like performance, but if you know what you're doing, it should be able to come close.

Regards =)
QX

I was shocked to see the results of LX3 on her blog considering it's from someone who does take pictures for a living.:bigeyes: Anyway, what do you mean by 3 esposure merge? Sorry.. I'm new in this. Thanks ahead. :D

where to see the blurred pictures?

i like the picture of the tree bark.

Hello there =)
Okae... 3 exposure merge means that I take 3 pictures with relative exposure values of -1, 0 and +1. For example, 3 pics with shutter speed 1/1000 (dark), 1/500 (middle), 1/250 (bright) and merge them using software to form one image.

The reason why I do this is because most cameras (including LX3) are unable to capture the entire brightness range of a scene, often they sacrifice the highlights (seen those completely white skies) or the shadows (unintentionally-silouhetted people) in a picture. By merging 3 exposures in this manner, i am able to capture a brightness range two stops (4x) higher than if I hadn't.

Of course, this also means that any movement in those 3 frames will be shown as a blur.

Cheers =)
QX

I tin its call HDR...:)

P1020078copyrere.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.