Picture from EOS M

Some street shoot with Canon 40mm f2.8 pancake lens

408485_10200543531409569_291183423_n.jpg

391915_10200543531649575_1926780877_n.jpg

46871_10200543531609574_303277121_n.jpg

I wish Canon pay me for this thread LOL...
Seriously, I really like this camera because of the IQ & size and i can get DSLR photos quality from small & compact camera.

Actually as an early user of EosM, i grow to like the camera alot. I even missed the touch screen when i m using my DSLR.

Its my every day carry camera due to the small size. And the good quality image that i cant complain of. :)

hi there, how's the battery performance? Is it last shorter time when use EF & EF-S lens?
Thanks!

hi there, how's the battery performance? Is it last shorter time when use EF & EF-S lens?
Thanks!

I think EF/EF-S lenses with adapter will drain the battery more compare to EF-M lenses but I'm not sure coz most of the time i use EF lenses on this little camera.

Didn't check the difference.

It's quite different using it as compare to dslr. So it's more like using a compact camera. On it when need to shoot.

So sort of 100 plus shots if on and off for 1 week

For those of you who have used the EOS-M for a awhile now, are you still happy with your purchase? Would you still buy an EOS-M with the knowledge you have now?

The photos I've seen from this camera seem to be on par with the best of cameras but without owning an EOS-M, I have no idea what the functionality or performance of this camera is like.

I'm just eliciting some opinions because I'm thinking of upgrading my PowerShot G11 in the future and wondering if the EOS-M would fit the bill? Appreciate your opinions.

raydio said:
For those of you who have used the EOS-M for a awhile now, are you still happy with your purchase? Would you still buy an EOS-M with the knowledge you have now?

The photos I've seen from this camera seem to be on par with the best of cameras but without owning an EOS-M, I have no idea what the functionality or performance of this camera is like.

I'm just eliciting some opinions because I'm thinking of upgrading my PowerShot G11 in the future and wondering if the EOS-M would fit the bill? Appreciate your opinions.

To reply to Ur main question. Yes! I m happy with eos m. But I guess I will b happier getting kit 3 rather than kit 2.

There are no perfect camera. Each has its pros n cons. eosM is a small n good camera. Choose it over my 6d for my CNy visit.

There are people who will complain abt it's AF. But it seems that most who complain don't own it. So well as a user, I can say that its not very fast. But it's not slow either.

One thing gd abt getting a eosM is that it has access to lots of lens and accessories designed for Ef mount. Eg I can mount lensbaby, Diana f lens on it thru the widely available adaptor.

It's a little camera with lots in it.

Same with me, I'm happy with this little camera.
Regarding the AF speed, it still useable & you still can capture great moment with it but abit difficult in low light coz it will hunting (actually most of canon camera struggle in low light).

EOS M the camera that almost everyday you can find it in my backpack because it small & light weight especially if you use the pancake lens.
Image Quality from EOS M is fantastic, it really can produce DSLR image & the big plus point is the EF/EF-S adapter that allow me to use all my Canon lenses with this little camera.

So if you think to replace your G11 with EOS M, I think you won't be wrong if you can live with the AF speed or you can wait for the new firmware may be can improve the AF speed.

To reply to Ur main question. Yes! I m happy with eos m. But I guess I will b happier getting kit 3 rather than kit 2.

There are no perfect camera. Each has its pros n cons. eosM is a small n good camera. Choose it over my 6d for my CNy visit.

There are people who will complain abt it's AF. But it seems that most who complain don't own it. So well as a user, I can say that its not very fast. But it's not slow either.

One thing gd abt getting a eosM is that it has access to lots of lens and accessories designed for Ef mount. Eg I can mount lensbaby, Diana f lens on it thru the widely available adaptor.

It's a little camera with lots in it.

Same with me, I'm happy with this little camera.
Regarding the AF speed, it still useable & you still can capture great moment with it but abit difficult in low light coz it will hunting (actually most of canon camera struggle in low light).

EOS M the camera that almost everyday you can find it in my backpack because it small & light weight especially if you use the pancake lens.
Image Quality from EOS M is fantastic, it really can produce DSLR image & the big plus point is the EF/EF-S adapter that allow me to use all my Canon lenses with this little camera.

So if you think to replace your G11 with EOS M, I think you won't be wrong if you can live with the AF speed or you can wait for the new firmware may be can improve the AF speed.

Thank-you both for your opinions. :)

First one is very nice. Which lens did you use?