pics of tokina 11-16 mm in action at f/2.8?

Thank you for your comments Chef. I hope you can find one. You will eventually. What may be happening with it is that they found some a while ago with a spacer left out of some copys of the lens which caused focus issues. They identified it and probably checked their manufacturing process to be sure it does not happen again so that may have slowed them down on production for a while. It also seems to just be (justifyably in my opinion) in high demand.

Hi bro, I have found a copy of Tokina 11-16mm and I am a happy camper. Now, I just need to find some opportunities to take photos with this great lens. Happy shooting!

Hi bro, I have found a copy of Tokina 11-16mm and I am a happy camper. Now, I just need to find some opportunities to take photos with this great lens. Happy shooting!

From your sig seems like you've gotten the range covered...:bsmilie:

Sweet!
A night shot at f/2.8 converted into black and white:
Critical_Regroup_bw_0072.jpg

Focal Length: 11.0mm (35mm equivalent: 16mm...

Exposure Time: 0.125 s (1/8)

Aperture: f/2.8

ISO Equiv.: 100

here 2 pics i took using 11-16, more can be found here
3311895790_28cb559c52.jpg

3311078931_bc5198e61f.jpg

Probably should not have used F2.8 for landscapes, especially since I had a tripod, but I guess my intention was to keep the shutter speed below a certain amount, due to the strong wind. I use a free tripod which came with my D40x. not the best tool to shoot with d300 and tokina but I have to make do :embrass:

The shutter speed was 5 seconds. i wanted to keep the ISO low, and was wary of using a super long shutter speed like 15-20 seconds. i also tried to minimise wind buffeting of my camera by standing behind the camera, just downwind (shooting into the wind)

no editing. just resize and add watermark. shot in JPG

gum_tree1.jpg

this was shot at 11mm :)

Here are some pictures shot using my Tokina 11-16mm at Pulau Ubin. I am still trying to get the best out of this lens.

DSCF0683.jpg

DSCF0686.jpg

DSCF0696.jpg

DSCF0687.jpg

DSCF0702.jpg

Last edited:
Its an excellent lens ... got mine for about a year ago in Japan ...

Marina_Barrage_14_S.jpg

Hi TheChef,
Just wondering are your shots mostly at more 16mm range instead of 11mm?
Asking cause I dont see much of the wide 'feel' I expect with this lens.eg tatsbin, JeffryZ s' shots..

Pls pardon my noob qn..thks.

The images that TheChef put up seem a bit soft. I'm not sure if it's because of resizing, or compression, or whether it is an optical problem.

A couple more. These were processed and had some sharpening applied.
f/5.6 and 16mm
SD_Harbor_0017_700.jpg

15mm f/5.6 Looks like a little CA on the palm trees in the background.
Strutting_0024.jpg

The images that TheChef put up seem a bit soft. I'm not sure if it's because of resizing, or compression, or whether it is an optical problem.

I used the wrong AF mode. But, I feel IQ is still Ok. I will take some shots in Penang and post them up next week. Cheers.

Last edited:
Really love how wide it is and how sharp it is at F2.8. Futher more, UWA makes distortions look great.. Good lens that i purchased about a month ago.

DSC_2104.jpg

No post pocessing
D90
ISO 200
11mm
F2.8
1/4s

Last edited:
if u are not using it on D300, D90 etc, there will be CA. purple fringing. the newer bodies will auto correct, though

went to the shop next to CP at penin plaza, quoted $940 incl GST. but advised not to buy now... said price will drop. any idea?

really? hmm.. i thot everyone said price will go up?
maybe Sigma 10-20 F3.5 coming out soon?

Sorry to hijack your thread.

Compare to Canon EF10-22mm lens which comes with USM, which 1 is noiser?