pics gone !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joel

Nov 9, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
Hi !
I bought a 128 fuji XD card for my C350 last month and went on a vacation in Melbourne, taking all nice scenary.

On return, I preview all my pics via the TV at home. All were well.

When I went to my mom's place to do the same, the fuji card suddenly read error when connected to the TV. However, the original card from Olympus. were OK.

Now, I can't even preview in with my camera !! any idea what to do to get all the almost 200 pics back ??!!!

Alan Photo told me that someone may be able to 'hack' to retrieve the data before a format ...

HELP !!!
thanks !!

joel said:
Hi !
I bought a 128 fuji XD card for my C350 last month and went on a vacation in Melbourne, taking all nice scenary.

On return, I preview all my pics via the TV at home. All were well.

When I went to my mom's place to do the same, the fuji card suddenly read error when connected to the TV. However, the original card from Olympus. were OK.

Now, I can't even preview in with my camera !! any idea what to do to get all the almost 200 pics back ??!!!

Alan Photo told me that someone may be able to 'hack' to retrieve the data before a format ...

HELP !!!
thanks !!

Do you first have an external card reader that can read ur XD card? You need one for the recovery software to work.

If you do, go search the web for various softwares that can do the job. Most or all of them are not sharewares so you'll probably have to pay. The trail versions allow you to see whether the pictures can be retrieved but if you do not register and pay, you will not be able to save them. But then at least u know they are still there.

So not at this time use the card again until as overwriting on the sectors will render the images unrecoverable.

Do a search in ClubSnap, quite a few post on losing images.
here's one

Hope it helps.

If your camera was recognised as a drive in the PC when connected, the Norton utility software may be of help.

Did you try viewing the picture with another camera?

Raymond

joel said:
I download a freeware :
http://www.pcinspector.de/smart_media_recovery/uk/demo.html

however, some of the pics are partial readable only. Even the demo version of most of the recommended recovery application also show partial recovery ... :(

Try a few softwares.

If all only manage to recover partially, it probably means your pictures are not only lost but corrupted also.

There are softwares that can correct corrupted data, but then I have yet to try one that really works so am not able to advice.

But important thing is that you are able to retrieve most of the data? I think its better than nothing.

I sometimes try to salvage the corrupted picts by cropping the parts that are still visible and usable.

Hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.