photostory and printers

Status
Not open for further replies.

allsmilez

Jul 11, 2006
Bukit Timah
hi all,

has anyone heard of the "photostory" thing that fotohub is selling? basically its like a coffeetable book they print and bind pics for you for like $270 or more if you're not a member.

anyway, i'm kinda aghast at the price which i believe is pretty overkill.
just would like some advice on:
1. entry level printer that can print a4 (or a3) borderless. speed is not a concern, looking for one with individual ink tanks like the basic canons.
2. anyone have any idea what is the ink cost (excluding media) for a 4r picture? different salesmen keep on quoting me different prices. (which is suspect all marked down)
3. good book binding services around?

thanks!

hi all,

has anyone heard of the "photostory" thing that fotohub is selling? basically its like a coffeetable book they print and bind pics for you for like $270 or more if you're not a member.

anyway, i'm kinda aghast at the price which i believe is pretty overkill.
just would like some advice on:
1. entry level printer that can print a4 (or a3) borderless. speed is not a concern, looking for one with individual ink tanks like the basic canons.
2. anyone have any idea what is the ink cost (excluding media) for a 4r picture? different salesmen keep on quoting me different prices. (which is suspect all marked down)
3. good book binding services around?

thanks!

Its cheap if u compare to quality album makers like albums australia.

Fotohub's fotostory does a full flushed 20x10 image for a 10x10 album. Don't think you would be able to do a 20 x 10 in print out on a 11.7in x 16.5in A3 printer. Also don't think much book binders will be willing to add the cardboard backing for you when binding the book.

Status
Not open for further replies.