Photoshop @ www

togu

Jul 11, 2002
@ D08
www.tommygui.com
Alright, you have heard that photoshop create wonders, play magics, saviour of digital photography blah blah, and finally got yourself a copy of it. Happily upgraded your system, installed the software, dig out your worse picture, put on your wizard cloak, ...but wait!! You realised you have no clue on what's going on, floating panels, horrible buttons are like bees buzzing at your butt...OUCH~!

Dial 65521111? They only offers you a cab. How about 62353535? They only have Hawaiian pizza. Hop on to the nearest bookstore? Only to figures that you are not gonna spend the rest of your pocket money on a book...Now now, what you gonna do?

WHAT YOU GONNA DO?? :cry:

:think:

Cool it... just log on to clubsnap, click on Digital Darkroom, TA-TA!!!

CS'pers Recommendation

Or our own CS'pers articles,

More links coming up... :sweatsm:

gonna scour through the links tonight. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Woot!

Thanks! If you have any interesting links, do send me a pm, if it's useful, I'll add on to my list, instead of let it scatter all over the thread.

:)

Thanks for thse very useful links!
Make this thread 'sticky' for easy reference. :devil:

Thread now sticky! Do let me know if you have any interesting links, so that I can consolidate them and add on to the list, instead of letting them scatter all over.

:)

Hei PS Master,

How about creating a sticky PS corner where instructions on how to use certain features are posted e.g. your Soft Focus, Sulhan's Sharpening, etc.

There are many people out there needed these but knowling PS is complex, is lost like me thus loosing out in using a powerful tool.

Cheers :cheers:

Jay said:
Hei PS Master,

How about creating a sticky PS corner where instructions on how to use certain features are posted e.g. your Soft Focus, Sulhan's Sharpening, etc.

There are many people out there needed these but knowling PS is complex, is lost like me thus loosing out in using a powerful tool.

Cheers :cheers:

Far away from "master" :sweat:

There are articles on the soft focus, sharpening, border and signatures, toning and resizing etc. Should be back when the forum reconstruction is completed. :)

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1031&message=6114957

Tip:
Getting the Adobe Camera Raw Plugin to work with 300D raw files

-
Okay since many people are having a hard time getting this to work (myself included until now) I thought I'd post the procedure here.

1 - Download the latest version of the Hex editor here. *search google for xvi hex editor*

http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/... .../freeware/xvi32/xvi32.htm#download

2 - Locate the Camera Raw plugin in the /Program Files/Adobe/Photoshop 7.0/Plug-Ins/Adobe Photoshop Only/File formats/ folder, and copy it to a safe place for a backup (common sense)

3 - Open the Camera Raw plugin in the hex editor you downloaded (not the backup of course, but the one still located in the photoshop folder)

4 - Under "search" select find and click on the text string button. Type "Canon EOS D30" and click the "Text->Hex" Button then press okay.

5 - In the right panel you will see the entry for the D30 followed by the entry for the D60. Place the cursor over the D in D30 and type DIGITAL REBEL in all caps (or 300D if not in US). The new text should be replacing the old text. If not, reload and try again, but before you type hit the "insert" key to switch to replace mode.

6 - Once you type DIGITAL REBEL (you will have typed over part of the D60 tag too) the cursor should be on the space immediately following the L in REBEL. At this time, click the box the cursor is in on the left side (hex side) and type 00. For Digital Rebel users there will still be three blocks left of the D60 tag, just put spaces over them (or type 20, 20, 20 in the hex editor over the next three squares before the 00). 300D users will obviously have a different number of spaces left. Just copy over these with blanks the same way.

7 - Click save, and launch Photoshop. The Raw files will load now.

I don't know what everybody's problem is with the D30 color profile being applied to the Rebel. I simply adjusted exposure, white balance, and contrast...exported a 16-bit file, and adjusted levels and saturation in photoshop. The images look great! Now I can unsharp mask in photoshop without sharpening the JPG artifacts!

8 - If this thread helped you then please reply with a bump or no text (nt) message to keep it towards the top. There have been a lot of people having trouble with this (myself included) and with so many posts in the 300d forum this one will get buried quick. Try and keep it towards the top so everybody can get this working.

Hey, thank you so much for providing the links. Just wanna say that the 'Extraction Tool' link by 'sulhan' is a dead one.

His link to a word document results in a dead end. :cry:

Dudes and Dudettes,

This is the super duper photoshop tutorials: The Mega Tutorial

Good luck and happy reading. :cool:

Wah Lau...! togu! U are indeed heaven send.. These are cool stuff... Thanks a million for the effort lots of clubsnappers wouls surely benefits from this. Now that's what I call an unselfish clubsnapper...

At last a link that will benefit the mass majority. Too bad I bought teh book liao. :thumbsup: