Photoshop question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RG550R

Apr 17, 2007
Sims Drive
Hi,

I'm new with photo shop and I want to make my object to be colored while my back ground in B & W... Can somebody guide me how can I do that. By the way I'm using photoshop 7.0

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I'm new with photo shop and I want to make my object to be colored while my back ground in B & W... Can somebody guide me how can I do that. By the way I'm using photoshop 7.0

Thanks in advance

Work with 2 active Layers. One color image on Background, and one Channel Mixer with Monochrome box checked.

Use a Mask and paint in black over those areas you want in color.

I hope this helps.

hi thanks for the reply, I able to make 2 layers by using Duplicate layer then I make it B&W. Now my prob is how can I do the masking and my object in colored. thanks again

You can use 'Mode > Grayscale' but you will not have as much control as using Channel Mixer. Another way is to use Gradient Map. Both of these methods will definitely yield better results.

Okay about masking. Here is how you do it -

Using Channel Mixer/Gradient Map:
Go to Image Adjustment Layer > (Channel Mixer > adjust the contrast and tone)/(Image Adjustment Layer > Gradient Map > Grayscale mapping select white to black) > OK. Next to the Channel Mixer layer you will see a Layer Mask > choose a black medium soft brush to paint over the areas that you want to be in color.

Using 'Convert to Grayscale'/Gradient Map:
Command-J (Mac)/Ctrl-J (PC) to duplicate a layer > Mode > Grayscale > Click the New Layer Mask button in the Layers palette to create a mask that reveals the selection > choose a black medium soft brush to paint over the areas that you want to be in color.

Kids-1.jpg

I hope these help.

And if you are using Photoshop CS3, there is a new Image>Adjustment>Black & White dialog that offers pretty good B&W conversion methods.

hi photobum & mirrorslap thanks a lot... now I know the trick....

artosoft....sorry of wrong forum posting...I'm also newbie in this forum as well...

thanks again photobum...

hi photobum & mirrorslap thanks a lot... now I know the trick....

artosoft....sorry of wrong forum posting...I'm also newbie in this forum as well...

thanks again photobum...

The 'tricks' I showed you were just 2 out of the 6 ways I know. Try to read more during your free time.

Status
Not open for further replies.