Photoshop Elements Users - Your comments pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhizobiume

Jan 10, 2006
@ CCK Cres
Hello PS E users,

I intend to purchase this software for some digital touch-up for my photos. If you guys have experience of using this SW, it is really appreciated if you have any comments/advices on the software to share? In terms of the features provided compared to PS CS, price (if it is worth for money?)

Thx.:)

Good software, but I am almost a total newb to the software and very quickly found it lacking features compared to its big prother CS2.

I think there's a trial version that you can download from Adobe.com

If I remember, you can find a comparison chart somewhere on their website too.
Hope I was some help. He

cyber_m0nkey said:
Good software, but I am almost a total newb to the software and very quickly found it lacking features compared to its big prother CS2.

true but its really just a few more features added. CS consumes less resources than CS2, evident when i use it for my coursework. Haha.

seeyf said:
Elements may have less features than PS CS, but it's a lot less expensive. There are also websites where you can download free add-ons to increase its features. This website has an add-on for elements that includes curves, channel mixer and selective colour:
http://www.earthboundlight.com/phototips/photoshop-elements-curves.html

You just reminded of the actual features that were missing - in my mind both a critical to photo editing (maybe not every image, but a very large percentage). Thanks for the info, never new that was possible.

that's a good tip. to me the channel mixer and curves are important and not found in PSE. i'd say PSE is much more worth its price than CS, although some people must have those CS features that are not in PSE.

for me, i use freeware. picasa for simple stuff, and the gimp for more complex stuff. no real need for PSE or CS as yet.

i image edit most of the time in CS2 and i sometimes do animation in the bundled imageready suite.

i do use picasa on my desktop pc but i prefer acdsee pro which is running in my laptop for oraganizing images ;)

hello guys,

Thanx for your advices.... i think coz of the price tag of CSII, it is very likely for me to start with something cheaper & relatively simple 1st.... ;p

Any idea where i can get more reasonable price of the PSE for mac? thanx...

cheers...

I think the prices should be around the same. I bought mine (Academic version since I'm a student) at Funan in a shop on the same floor as the AppleCentre. Actually I went there first and asked the Apple salesman if they had an academic version. He told me I shouldn't buy PSE since it doesn't have any useful functions. Then he told me to buy PS instead. After that he said I shouldn't buy PS since it's so ex...:rolleyes: So I left and went to another shop.

seeyf said:
I think the prices should be around the same. I bought mine (Academic version since I'm a student) at Funan in a shop on the same floor as the AppleCentre. Actually I went there first and asked the Apple salesman if they had an academic version. He told me I shouldn't buy PSE since it doesn't have any useful functions. Then he told me to buy PS instead. After that he said I shouldn't buy PS since it's so ex...:rolleyes: So I left and went to another shop.

;p then u did not buy any at the end? what SW u r using now?

using PSE!

I bought it in the end, from another shop.
Didn't want to buy from that lousy salesman...

Currently using PSE3, I have no complains using it. I find that it is easy yet complex enough for my use. If you are not going to do complicated PP, then I guess PSE should be definitely value for $$.

Hellooo ppl,

Just found out that PSE4.0 for Mac will be launched soon next week. Any VIOLENT :angry: objection if i am getting a education version for my home use? In terms of features, there is no diff, right? This what i was told. so i am getting one PSE4.0 for mac next week...

okie... thanx...

Status
Not open for further replies.