photoshop CS4 question

Wurdelak

Apr 7, 2009
westcoast
www.flickr.com
hi to all tech gurus and newbies alike, i am a corel paintshop pro photo x2 ultimate user, and just 3 days ago, i bought the photoshop CS4 program. i am still learning how to use it, but then, i stumbled upon this problem...

i am using 2 cam bodies, modified D70 IR, and a D90... when i open the files from the CF coming from the D70, it opens up as normal in photoshop, but when i try to open the files from the SD card from the D90, it cannot open in photoshop and it says, it is not a supported file.

i shoot RAW on both the D90 and the D70, and both files are NEF, but i checked the file naming, D90 is like _DSC1005, while D70 is DSC_1005... does that really make a difference?

am really new to this and am seeking help on how to deal with this issue... thank you very much!

Hey, brother Wurdelak.
You just need to click on 'Update' on the menu on Adobe Photoshop and wait for it to collect the series of updates.
Then when it's done, look for the latest RAW plugin for your NEF.
Choose that one to download and install.
It should work well.
Give it a try lah!

Hey, brother Wurdelak.
You just need to click on 'Update' on the menu on Adobe Photoshop and wait for it to collect the series of updates.
Then when it's done, look for the latest RAW plugin for your NEF.
Choose that one to download and install.
It should work well.
Give it a try lah!

ei, this is fast... thank you bro! i will try that.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

ei, this is fast... thank you bro! i will try that.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Haha.... you are most welcome.
I think this issue occurs to all of us who have bought CS4 and who have installed it for the very first time.
One always finds that he needs to get the latest updates because most of our cameras nowadays use newer versions of RAW (NEF in Nikon and CR2 in Canon).

And before I can learn how to use CS4 properly, CS5 is going to be released. I think very soon, there is no need for a camera. CS10 will create the image you want.

And before I can learn how to use CS4 properly, CS5 is going to be released. I think very soon, there is no need for a camera. CS10 will create the image you want.
Actually it is known as Autodesk Maya and you may most probably have already seen the works of it in movies such as Avatar. ;)