Photoshoots every Sat afternoon...anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
USM said:
Hi David!

CanonGraphers is not a club or associated with Canon. Hence, there is no politic, restriction and so for.

Check out the this site for a brief write up of CanonGraphers. http://canongraphers.tripod.com/id1.html

We also have a forum for fellow CanonGraphers to communicate. http://canongraphers.proboards40.com

Hmm.... what I learn from all of this outing with cs' member is their impression on your toys. If you have a cheap camera n cheap lenses, for sure they will ignore you. That's true, it has such rule that the group will teach the newbies, learn from each other, etc etc. All of this is bullshit. They just try to be nice on the forum only.... Once u join them, they are not so nice as they are on the cs forum..... On the forum they try to be nice, polite n helpful to each other coz of the cs' rules..... :dunno:

Welcome to the real world...

chong_lim said:
Hmm.... what I learn from all of this outing with cs' member is their impression on your toys. If you have a cheap camera n cheap lenses, for sure they will ignore you. That's true, it has such rule that the group will teach the newbies, learn from each other, etc etc. All of this is bullshit. They just try to be nice on the forum only.... Once u join them, they are not so nice as they are on the cs forum..... On the forum they try to be nice, polite n helpful to each other coz of the cs' rules..... :dunno:

Errm, u refering to outings organised by CS members in general, or u specifically refering to Canongrapher outings, since u r replying to the Canongrapher post?

So far I have not been to any outing where we compare cams leh, be it u use PNS, DSLR, cheap lens or pro lens. But I have not been to any Canongrapher outing so cannot comment on them.

chong_lim said:

I hardly join any photo outing, I'm not sure about others, but this one for sure won't give you these crap, people here are really friendly, and more interested in photography, don't bother what camera you use, no camera also can join the outing. :bsmilie:

davidsim said:
i wish i could but sunday is church day...

I am only free on sat afternoon.. :(

yeah...amen to that!!

chong_lim said:

I don't think you should judge everyone on the same rule. Just because you have such experience doesn't mean everyone is the same.

This is our previous CanonGrapher's outing... http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=174728

It was my first outing with them and I've experienced none of what you've said above... I use a 350D with only a simple kit lens and 28-135 IS lens and no one ignored me. We had lots of fun as you can read from the thread. In fact, I feel a closer bond to members of the group on the forums after the outings. Previously, they were just names and nicks... after the outings, they are buddies.

Perhaps you should join us for some outings and I'm sure we can prove you wrong. The link that catchlights provided points you to another fun group (Northern Lights Photography Club) and I'm also a member there. So far, I've joined many outings and have never experienced what you described. Perhaps you went with the wrong group. Still you should not base it on one experience and claim everyone's is snobbish.

Give us a chance and come join us! :)

Sorry for the OT, davidsim!

chong_lim said:

Hi Bro,

I hope that you are not referring to CanonGraphers.

By putting down such comments, you will mislead or create a negative image to CanonGraphers since you are replying to my thread. Let not create any misrepresentation here. If you have specific case, please highlight to us in the forum.

However, if you did experience that with any CanonGraphers, do let me know. I will ask our Disciplinary Master hwchoy to handle such cases.

Allow me to reiterate one more time, there is no such thing that if you are using a lousy camera or lens, you will be deprive from joining any CanonGraphers outings / events, etc.

This is not our Philosophy!

USM said:
Hi Bro,

I hope that you are not referring to CanonGraphers.

By putting down such comments, you will mislead or create a negative image to CanonGraphers since you are replying to my thread. Let not create any misrepresentation here. If you have specific case, please highlight to us in the forum.

However, if you did experience that with any CanonGraphers, do let me know. I will ask our Disciplinary Master hwchoy to handle such cases.

Allow me to reiterate one more time, there is no such thing that if you are using a lousy camera or lens, you will be deprive from joining any CanonGraphers outings / events, etc.

This is not our Philosophy!

Sorry for the misleading. I am not referring to any particular group, just as a general opinion

I'm interested to join

1. richliow
2. HVB88
3. JediForce4ever
4. barracuda
5. thl
6. dfstan
7. Canew
8. Bravocube
9. clicknick (on and off, will try to make it whenever free)
10. 29tim05 (on and off, will try to make it whenever free)

Personally think starting a "neutral" newbie group outing is a good sign. There already several experienced groupings that go out frequently - newbies might be shy to join ... .

It's also good to have it equipment neutral.

E.g. Can a non-canon user join the Canongrapher outings???

Sorry, bro Ed... CanonGrapher outings are for CanonGraphers only. Even if you own a Canon cam, you'd still have to register as a member. For free of course. :)

philliptan said:
Sorry, bro Ed... CanonGrapher outings are for CanonGraphers only. Even if you own a Canon cam, you'd still have to register as a member. For free of course. :)

What about Canon cam with Sigma, Tamron, Tokina lens? :dunno:

I'm interested to join

1. richliow
2. HVB88
3. JediForce4ever
4. barracuda
5. thl
6. dfstan
7. Canew
8. Bravocube
11. exhibitj

Of course can!! :) Third party lens no prob!

But Canon camera+Nikon lens rojak system have to apply for approval on case-by-case basis... :bsmilie:

Do join the CanonGraphers, clicknick and davidsim! :) Really fun bunch of guys! :)

philliptan said:
I don't think you should judge everyone on the same rule. Just because you have such experience doesn't mean everyone is the same.

This is our previous CanonGrapher's outing... http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=174728

It was my first outing with them and I've experienced none of what you've said above... I use a 350D with only a simple kit lens and 28-135 IS lens and no one ignored me. We had lots of fun as you can read from the thread. In fact, I feel a closer bond to members of the group on the forums after the outings. Previously, they were just names and nicks... after the outings, they are buddies.

Perhaps you should join us for some outings and I'm sure we can prove you wrong. The link that catchlights provided points you to another fun group (Northern Lights Photography Club) and I'm also a member there. So far, I've joined many outings and have never experienced what you described. Perhaps you went with the wrong group. Still you should not base it on one experience and claim everyone's is snobbish.

Give us a chance and come join us! :)

Sorry for the OT, davidsim!

Yeah join us at Canongraphers. I was the "old" man of the group and brought my son along. What's more, besides being the oldest guy around , I had the oldest equipment. The whole bunch made me feel at home. No airs, just good clean fun. In fact I'm looking forward to my next outing and this time I may bring my 2 son's along.

philliptan said:
Ya, no politics or restrictions... But there's torture. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Gotta streak in Raffles square wif 600f4 overhead in SBO only! ;) And must swear loyalty to the Light.

exhibitj said:
I'm interested to join

1. richliow
2. HVB88
3. JediForce4ever
4. barracuda
5. thl
6. dfstan
7. Canew
8. Bravocube
11. exhibitj

I'm interested as well, but cannot confirm until the date/time has been decided.
Will next sat (4 Mar) be the first outing???

today had my second outdoor shoots lessons from Stanley... fun fun fun...

maybe next sat we can meet late morning/early afternoon...... but preferably some old birds to join in and give us some direction can ... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.