PhotoShoot of Model in Room

boobic

Dec 1, 2010
Hi all, need some pointers.

Intend to do my 1st photo shoot of model. is my friend in a hotel room.
However like to know basic things needed other then my dslr, tripod. do i need those lighting equipment or i can do without?

thanks.;)

Strobes are a whole new thing to learn, and it definately takes time and $$

I would suggest that you join any of the indoor shoots organised under photoshoot where u can learn and experience the basic first.

boobic said:
Hi all, need some pointers.

Intend to do my 1st photo shoot of model. is my friend in a hotel room.
However like to know basic things needed other then my dslr, tripod. do i need those lighting equipment or i can do without?

thanks.;)

Perhaps you can link 1 or 2 photos which you think best exemplifies the type of photo you wish to capture, then ppl have a better idea. To take photos with camera n tripod alone is definitely possible, but outcome may not be to your expectation :)

Hotel rooms are generally not extremely well-lit, and they tend to have ambient light coming in from 1 direction only. Something to consider perhaps.

Perhaps you can link 1 or 2 photos which you think best exemplifies the type of photo you wish to capture, then ppl have a better idea. To take photos with camera n tripod alone is definitely possible, but outcome may not be to your expectation :)

Hotel rooms are generally not extremely well-lit, and they tend to have ambient light coming in from 1 direction only. Something to consider perhaps.

also look for hotel rooms with windows that have sunlight coming in. then u can play with natural light with reflector as well.

i seen most organisers here usually opt for such rooms.

hotel 81 rooms definitely fail in this aspect :x

hotel 81 rooms definitely fail in this aspect :x

:nono: Thats not really true, there are nice hotel 81s around as well, along with windows and nice decor. :)

This two shots were taken at a local Hotel 81,
DSC_0030_resize.jpg
DSC_0084_resize.jpg

This is the Hotel 81 Bugis. :)

Last edited:
Override2Zion said:
:nono: Thats not really true, there are nice hotel 81s around as well, along with windows and nice decor. :)

This two shots were taken at a local Hotel 81,

This is the Hotel 81 Bugis. :)

I stand corrected on my opinion of Hotel 81 rooms ;)