Photoshoot at large scale full service production house

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
Programme update on 18 January 2004 (more details of our programme can be found in our earlier posting on 14 January 2004)

Members had, understandably, asked for more information about the house and the photographer where our programme will take place.

I wish to assure members that the house and photographer are indeed established in the industry. Because of this reason and specifically, they have requested for low publicity, I have decided not to release details now, but to confirmed participants later.

However, in the interim, I can release some generic info about the house. It has a purpose-built shooting area of about 10 metres x 12 metres with height of 5 metres, 6 metres wide cyclorama, full Broncolor systems, including large motorised window lights together with conference room, dressing room, makeup room and set building/props store. Camera systems ranging from 35mm to 8 x 10 in formats with PhaseOne scan, allowing for digital and film interface. For your information, the owner of the aforesaid house has been in the industry for at least 15 years. I hope these information will give you an idea of scale of this house where our programme will take place.

On a administrative matter, I can accept an initial deposit of S$50.00 with the balance of S$45.00 payable on the day when we meet. This deposit will be refunded in full if and when the programme is cancelled due to insufficient participants or factors beyong our control.

To sign up for our programme or if you have queries, please do not hesitate to contact me at reachme2003@hotmail.com. Thank you for your support and wishing you and your family abundance, good fortune and great health in the lunar new year.

Regards,

reachme2003

I think the interest is definitely there, the only problem is that as a fairly new poster, people are not sure whether the $$$ will disappear, as internet fraud is prevalent nowadays (ie western union, ebay etc).

furthermore, no identification of either the house or photographer are given, leading people to suspect that you can conveniently disappear as well, you're just a forum nick as far as we know.

Whilst personally I have very keen interest in this, I think you may want to revise your payment mode - i can suggest that we can make payment either on the day itself, or if you must have a deposit, a nominal one of $10. if u need more deposit, perhaps some means of authentication, or if we can go to the house to pay the deposit plus a receipt from the production house, at least that would set our minds at ease.

Hope you can work something out as we are really interested in this.

tks

reachme2003 said:
Programme update on 18 January 2004 (more details of our programme can be found in our earlier posting on 14 January 2004)

Members had, understandably, asked for more information about the house and the photographer where our programme will take place.

I wish to assure members that the house and photographer are indeed established in the industry. Because of this reason and specifically, they have requested for low publicity, I have decided not to release details now, but to confirmed participants later.

However, in the interim, I can release some generic info about the house. It has a purpose-built shooting area of about 10 metres x 12 metres with height of 5 metres, 6 metres wide cyclorama, full Broncolor systems, including large motorised window lights together with conference room, dressing room, makeup room and set building/props store. Camera systems ranging from 35mm to 8 x 10 in formats with PhaseOne scan, allowing for digital and film interface. For your information, the owner of the aforesaid house has been in the industry for at least 15 years. I hope these information will give you an idea of scale of this house where our programme will take place.

On a administrative matter, I can accept an initial deposit of S$50.00 with the balance of S$45.00 payable on the day when we meet. This deposit will be refunded in full if and when the programme is cancelled due to insufficient participants or factors beyong our control.

To sign up for our programme or if you have queries, please do not hesitate to contact me at reachme2003@hotmail.com. Thank you for your support and wishing you and your family abundance, good fortune and great health in the lunar new year.

Regards,

reachme2003

Programme update on 20 January 2004.

I have clearance to release details now. With this update, previous registration details are superseded. However, those who had made full payment, you have been registered.

The photographer who will lead the programme is Mr. Calvin Tan. The venue will be at fred's fotoart, 66 Tannery Lane, #05-07 Sindo Building, Singapore.

Those who were at Stanley Lim's recently met Calvin who presented an overview of advertising and commercial photography, including his portfolios. I believe that they walked away impressed with his passion for sharing.
Calvin has been in the industry for 8 years. He had lectured on photography at La Salle.

To sign up for the programme, registration with full payment of $95.00 is required. Programme will accept 15 participants only, on a first come first serve basis. This payment will be fully refunded if and when the programme is cancelled due to insufficient participants or to factors beyong our control.

Details:
Date: Sunday, 1 February 2004
Time: 9am to 1pm
Venue: fred'sfotoart, 66 Tannery Lane, #05-07 Sindo Building

A highlight of the programme will be an opportunity to engage a live model in a photoshoot. Calvin will demonstrate estethic as well as technical considerations in orchestrating the shoot. Shoot will be guidance led and one participant at a time.

For further information on registration or if you have queries, please PM me here. Thank you for your support and looking forward to hear from you.

Wishing you and your family abundance, good fortune and great health in the lunar new year.

Status
Not open for further replies.