7047639891_e5053c027c.jpg

14#
6901542754_6242641832.jpg

15#
7047638755_285f3c612c.jpg

Last but not least...
16#
7047638267_f827d6a31a.jpg

Greatly appreciated all comments & crictics...

I did not know that taking macro shots in the night can be so exhausting, especially when the AF hunting on the lens is difficult to focus on a dark subject..

First successful Bird shot,please help me comment and improve(taken with DA55-300)
6877834376_3eb8f297c8_c.jpg

It is a nice shot,but why is the sky so grey?Cloudy day?What was ur ISO setting?It looks abit dark

It is a nice shot,but why is the sky so grey?Cloudy day?What was ur ISO setting?It looks abit dark

Hi,i am just starting to learn how to shoot birds,haha..interesting to me

The Iso setting is 800 only and also F8 at 1/1000 shutter speed..It is taken before raining at botanic garden so i think abit grey,any points for improvements will be gladly taken.

Last but not least...
16#
7047638267_f827d6a31a.jpg

Greatly appreciated all comments & crictics...

Good looking set of insect shots.
Maybe you'd like to try to diffuse the flash and spread up the flash area a bit.
ATM, the lighting is a bit hard to me.
my few cents

6903110600_3cf5981820_c.jpg

K5, DA15ltd

7049221301_6e9fc05315_c.jpg

I need some opinions here.
Its supposed to be a leading shot.
However, I find that my choice of composition as well as focal length has resulted in the foremost rock being a bit too distant from the next linking rock and to the rest of the elements in the photo.
The FL exaggerates the distance between this rock and the others even more.
So I find that I prefer shot#2 (cropped), which pulls it in a bit.

What do you guys think?
Or is it my preference for more compression that is skewing my impression of shot#1

Thx in advance for inputs

Last edited:

K5, DA15ltd

However, I find that my choice of composition as well as focal length has resulted in the foremost rock being a bit too distant from the next linking rock and to the rest of the elements in the photo.

What do you guys think?
Or is it my preference for more compression that is skewing my impression of shot#1

I prefer #1 . I do agreed that for #2 it seem that Distant of the front rock and the background element is nearer , but I don't like the rock to be crop the way . It look incomplete , same as the background tree on the top right .

#1 give me a more spacious feel and not so tight , but maybe it's just me I always like photo which feel more spacious .

To overcome this problem , maybe u can try to use a longer FL and move a few step behind to compress the perspective . I do face the similar problem sometime , and I still yet to find a good solution . As by moving backward some unwanted element will be included and somehow my 16mm end still doesn't compress the perspective enough . Got to try and try I guess

Hope the above point help :)
Nevertheless it's still a great picture for #1 regardless the distant of the background. I like it :)

Last edited:
Supersimon27 said:
I prefer #1 . I do agreed that for #2 it seem that Distant of the front rock and the background element is nearer , but I don't like the rock to be crop the way . It look incomplete , same as the background tree on the top right .

#1 give me a more spacious feel and not so tight , but maybe it's just me I always like photo which feel more spacious .

To overcome this problem , maybe u can try to use a longer FL and move a few step behind to compress the perspective . I do face the similar problem sometime , and I still yet to find a good solution . As by moving backward some unwanted element will be included and somehow my 16mm end still doesn't compress the perspective enough . Got to try and try I guess

Nevertheless it's still a great picture for #1 regardless the distant of the background. I like it :)

I too prefer #1 simply becos of the extra breathing space all around the frame. #2 is too tight for my liking... Punggol beach @ sunrise is tricky becos of the pier in the BG. Using a longer FL the compress the perspective may result in all the elements in the middle clustering around the horizon,, which to me is the greater evil.

All things considered I think it's a nice shot. Well done!

machiavellian said:
here's another one!

k-x, DA15

Can't quite describe it but this is really nice!

K5, DA15ltd

What do you guys think?

Preferred the #1 shot..Looks better.

I too prefer #1 simply becos of the extra breathing space all around the frame. #2 is too tight for my liking... Punggol beach @ sunrise is tricky becos of the pier in the BG. Using a longer FL the compress the perspective may result in all the elements in the middle clustering around the horizon,, which to me is the greater evil.

All things considered I think it's a nice shot. Well done!

Preferred the #1 shot..Looks better.

Thanks for the inputs guys.
Really appreciate it.
The feedback has been interesting and helpful to me.

Another one from Punggol beach yesterday.

Punggol Beach in our summer
6904521148_59c9b96927_c.jpg

K5, SMC-K24/2.8

Decided to switch the 10-20mm for a 15mm and 24mm prime at the last minute to travel light.
Big mistake.... I left the filter holder for the 15mm at home....
Luckily, I still had the holder for the 77mm filter thread for the 10-20mm, and managed to balance it on the lenses I used.
I spoiled some shots because of this though. :(

Link to my landscape thread :
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/land...49-[pinholecam]-wanderings-3.html#post7832302

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.