Photos counts taken by a lens

rocketatw

Jan 15, 2010
I know camera has a shutter count, how about lens?

Does lens has a max picture count too? how to check?

is it really important?

is it really important?

Don't think so as the lens main job is just to let light travel into the camera.

i ever see people selling their lens in buy and sell forum, they also stated 350 picture taken only, wonder how they check?

no, but you need not to worry too much, there are tones of old lenses still functioning very well.

just make full use of the lenses and take reasonable good care of it, they will serve you well in return.

is it really important?

lens got no counter whatsoever...it's not important how used a lens is...it could be made in the 60's but sharp clean glass or new with scratches or fungus...judge for yourself when checking...

is it really important?

Maybe if you stare at it and concentrate hard enough, it will start talking and tell you its shutter count? :dunno: :bsmilie:

All lenses got a maximum of 1000000000 shots, after that it will disintegrate into thin air! *just kidding*

on a serious note,

your lens will have a shorter lifespan (not by shutter counts) if you do not take care of it.

- Fungus infestation if you did not store your lens correctly in the correct environment
- Coating on lens glass wear off if you are introducing liquids or chemicals to your lens glass when you should not.
- AF motor breaks down due to rough usage or drops

Last edited: