Photography Tips from all the expert here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NivlekToh

Jan 10, 2006
Singapore
Hi, I know nuts about photography... would like to find wat's going thru the mind of a photographer during a photo shoot... hope that this will help me to be a better "object" to be photographed.. (don't think i fit the term as model.. lol)

Seems like not much contribution... I moderate to suggested to close this thread..

Well , one must be happy to be snapped and the other must be happy while snapping away...:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

To put it simple, there are two ways to look at it. You as the subject have to show what you want to show. The photographer will then shoot. The other way is the photographer wants to shoot what he wants, you(the subject) just listen and pose. Basically, a photo shoot has to be a two way thing. There needs to communication. It has to be fun. I see you are a sport dancer. Then show the world who you are, your personality, your style through your body language, your smile, your eyes. Leave it to the photographer to capture those moments

i suggest you go read up our member, "student" thread and posts, he has written many lengthy articles exploring the roles of a photographer and subject....

it may be useful for you.

NivlekToh said:
Hi, I know nuts about photography... would like to find wat's going thru the mind of a photographer during a photo shoot... hope that this will help me to be a better "object" to be photographed.. (don't think i fit the term as model.. lol)

if i was going to do a photo shoot, what would be going through my mind would be;
1. finding a suitable location. coordinating what the model wears with the background is important.
2. lighting conditions. to use natural sunlight, perhaps bounced off reflectors, or to use artificial lighting? how to light the model for the best effect.
3. pose and expression of the model. not necessarily a smiley expression always, sometimes i would want the model to feel an emotion or a mood, and be photographed with that expression or mood. poses need not be cliched and stilted, might want to experiment with motion and unusual perspectives.
4. bringing out the best in the model, making him/her feel at ease so that he/she connects better with the camera.

A photographer will be most happy and shoot at his best when he is paid well.......but only a handful.

Paying a lot does not mean higher quality works but paying less will definately get lesser quality works. Choose wisely if you are paying them........most important both of your must click and converse well together.

Yes totally agree with Pro Image.. sometimes communication is important.. if not u will pay a lot and get something u dun 1... waste of $$$$..

Status
Not open for further replies.