Photography related or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

invert_studio

Jun 8, 2004
Hi,

Since I am having some difficulty in posting my web designing services, I would like to suggest that the Admins and Moderators please decide whether they consider web designing services for photographer is actually photography related or not. I bring up this suggestion as I undestand that this is a grey area under the guidelines (though I am sure the guideline is clear to almost everything else).

From my point of view, the services I am offering is more like an online portfolio designing services. I design according to individual photography style and make their portfolio stands out. I also design according to individual preference of usability and functions. Imagine my role as a makeup artist, just that I bring the best out of the portfolio (in terms of design and usability functions) and not the model.

Anyway I will respect whatever decision made by ClubSnap, but please inform me of the decision. Thanks.

hi invert_studio,

i think you have already been informed that your web design services are not related to photography. We have discussed this internally and have come to a consensus that it is not. Thanks for your understanding.

The Moderator
Marketplace

Hi Larry,

Actually I have been told otherwise initially and then when posted, my thread was removed. Anyway will accept the decision full heartedly. Thanks anyway for the effort.

I think his services although not fully related, would be of good help to photogs as some of them do not know how to make a web site and would need ppl like him to do up a site to market thier services/ host thier portfolio to share.

make up services haved been allowed to be posted perhaps mods can relax on the web designers too ?

Yeah

I was wondering why make up services are allowed, in this case, they help with the studio shoots.

The web-designer too, helps photographers with their portfolio/webpage.

Perhaps, you could allow web-designers to post here, provided they only provide services for designing of webpages for portfolios/photographs.

Brett said:
make up services haved been allowed to be posted perhaps mods can relax on the web designers too ?

thanks for the heads-up about make-up/cosmetics services. We'll monitor the situation on that as well.

junyang said:
Perhaps, you could allow web-designers to post here, provided they only provide services for designing of webpages for portfolios/photographs.

The problem with that is, how do we decide/determine that they do only web-design for photograpers/photographs? there's no real way of limiting that.

Ultimately, what we are doing is providing a photography-focussed forum for all members. Yes we are dealing with a lot of grey areas, but there's a good reason for our "strictness". We've stated this over and over again, but for the record i'll state it again. if you really want to, you can justify almost anything as "related" to photography. for example, i can start selling bikinis, suntan lotion, furniture, even cars for model shoots. the examples are quite extreme, but if everyone puts themselves in the mods' position, you'd see where the lines begin to grey.

Well I think it is fine that web designing is not allowed but what I feel funny is the inconsistency of the Moderator and Admin.

I have PM one of the Admin initially and I was told that web designing is allowed. Then when posted my services, my thread is locked by one of the Moderator. When discussing with that Moderator, he just couldn't justify why it is not allowed after some discussions. :sweat:

Anyway I will still continue to support this site and hope that all the Admins and Moderators will have a better understanding among each other. Thanks.

:thumbsup:

Hi,

Larry> I think you got me wrong, these ppl who post make up services/web design services haved helped me out greatly, of course I would't wanna see ppl selling bikinis n stuff but make up n web designers haved helped me out alot and I would suggest to "solve" the problem of too many post, perhaps the mods/my self can compile a list of these photography related services and post em up some where. pls don't remove the contacts/treads no make up artist in a shoot = hell ! Also no web site to promote my work = I got no rice bowl lol and can't share works online.

regards

Brett

Status
Not open for further replies.