Photography ethics

Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds quite bad. .
where was the event held?? Mac CC as well??

I have a few issues to bring to light regarding photography ethics.:angry: ;(

At a recent wedding ceremony of my close friend, there's this group of photographers from a CC photography club. They claim they had permission to take photos. The following r the things they had done to disrupt the ceremony:;(

1) Lying on the floor to take photos, blocking the guests path;
2) Standing on chairs meant for old folks to sit down in order to take photos;
3) Rushing forward and blocking the guests view of important sections of the ceremony(even after being told not to cause disruption to the guests);
4) sitting in a disrespectful manner on the floor( its an indian wedding at a temple);
5) printing out photos and distributing to ppl( no permission was given, some r also not our guests);
6) shoving our appointed photographer in order to take photos( he tried to contact them to share photos they have taken but was turned down);
7) touching and rearranging the items used in the ceremony;
8) blocking the bride and groom when they need to walk around the temple.

The list above is no complete. I would like photographers to know, its definitely within ur right to take photos, but do it in a respectful manner. To take a good photo doesn't mean u can give scant regard to the ppl around u. Items used in an indian wedding ceremony r not meant to be taken and rearranged on the floor for photography.

I have spoken to the chairman of this club and he insisted he did no wrong and had permission.

OMG.

Its other pple's big wedding day and they simply have no sense of correct behaviour. In fact, gatecrashing the ceremony is already a sin.

I am beinging to wonder if cash is involved withing the Macpherson CC Photography Club. Meaning, someone actually "organised" this, get the money from these photographers so as to make these pple believed they have the right to do anything they wan during the ceremony

ANd hell, do they even have the permission from the wedding couple to shoot? Now who gave THAT permission?

What is the point of apology (if they are willing to do that, that is) when they have ruined pple's big day?

Shame on this grp of undesireables!

so anyone did the escalation already ???

i hope someone did something to make sure such things do not happen again. :nono:

TS has already mentioned, the wedding ceremony is held in temple.

I really don't understand why all these so call "photographers" does not respect other people religion.

Actually.. hold your horses people..

Let's get something clear..

Who gave the permission? I'd hazard a guess that the couple gave permission to the club to take photos at the wedding ceremony in exchange for the photographs. XD
Familiar with the term TFCD?
Maybe that's why the wedding couple never complain up till now, only close friends.

If that's the case, I can only say, pay peanuts and you get monkeys. In this case, a whole troop of them.

Actually.. hold your horses people..

Let's get something clear..

Who gave the permission? I'd hazard a guess that the couple gave permission to the club to take photos at the wedding ceremony in exchange for the photographs. XD
Familiar with the term TFCD?
Maybe that's why the wedding couple never complain up till now, only close friends.

If that's the case, I can only say, pay peanuts and you get monkeys. In this case, a whole troop of them.

According to TS, there's an appointed photographer:

"6) shoving our appointed photographer in order to take photos( he tried to contact them to share photos they have taken but was turned down);"

I dunno. Since got appointed photographer, i dun think why the couple will say "yes" to the photography club.

Of coz, we cant rule out kiasuism

To answer ur queries:

1) the permission was given by the temple office to take photos of the temple( nothing mentioned about taking wedding photos);
2) the couple's permission was not seeked and given to take photos;
3) as for the idea of fixing it there and then, my other helper friends actually asked them not to intrude but they still did.

i have photos of these ppl and will post it asap

To answer ur queries:

1) the permission was given by the temple office to take photos of the temple( nothing mentioned about taking wedding photos);
2) the couple's permission was not seeked and gaiven to take photos;
3) as for the idea of fixing it there and then, my other helper friends actually asked them not to intrude but they still did.

i have photos of these ppl and will post it asap

oh my goodness ;(

those were extremely rude behaviour not to be condoned! i would have chased them out if i were there ... sheesh ... people like those giving CC photographers a bad name :thumbsd: i would have written to the papers with images attached!

Complain to the CC manager about this group of clown photographers. Demand from the CC manager for the Photography Chairman to apologise to all those who are victimised.

Tell CC manager if you do not get their apologies, you are going up to either:

1. People Association
2. Strait Times Forum
3. MP of Macpherson

Dun know like that can or not ..

BTW, do post up the pics to show us the clowns.

I sure would like to know who are these dumb photographers. If they were behaving such and disrupting the couple's wedding at the temple, a few of the groom's frens should stop them there and then. May have to be loud or use force if necessary.

i suggest u take the matter to 3 different parties.

1.) temple management- since they were to one who gave "permission" then they should be informed so things like this will not happen in the future. can also get them to back u up in the course of negotiation with the next 2 parties

2.) CC management- the attitude of this "chairman" should not be cordon and he should NOT be allowed to lead..god knows what he has been inputing to his members

3.) people's association- they are the governing body for all the CC's over here and i think their attention on this matter is needed. yes it may NOT be a matter of life and death here but i think if their idea of appointing people's leaders for the community results in incidents like this.....

anyway, i suggest u email/contact the temple people, understand what "permission" was given... then follow up with a email to the CC management and cc it to the respective heads at PA.

State in your email what took place (do stress that the guest complained and spoiled an important day) and what you want to be done.. at this point of time, i can only think of a written apology from the club and the CC management. depending on how upset ur frd is, can consider legal action.. frankly if it was my big day... and this happens..rest assure those responsible will not have a easy time..

amazing cheapographers :rolleyes:

the way you describe them, they are like monkeys literally! wow! :bsmilie:

I thought monkeys only climb trees and eat bananas. Wow! now I also know they are into photography! :bsmilie:

the way you describe them, they are like monkeys literally! wow! :bsmilie:

I thought monkeys only climb trees and eat bananas. Wow! now I also know they are into photography! :bsmilie:

monkeys are Hindu sacred animals too,

maybe that's why they think they can do whatever they please.

Dont even think the MP so eng to come see one..He is boh chap lah..

I don't even know I have an MP. :dunno: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.