Photography equipment accidents


Status
Not open for further replies.

therat

New Member
Nov 26, 2003
279
0
0
Bedok
Visit site
#2
go holiday, me fall down.
Me ok..
camera body ok.
Lens side crack
Filter side crack and bent.

so whole trip, don't dare to clean the lens.
 

Mar 8, 2006
54
0
0
#3
Was shooting by the East Indian Ocean, the wind were so strong suddenly that my whole tripod collapsed as I was looking into the bag for a filter. My lens was damaged.

Another friend of mind in another occasion drop his lens into the sea while changing lenses and a lens roll out from his haversack. :eek:
 

Razor54

New Member
Jan 10, 2006
290
0
0
West to East
#5
In Bangkok, while changing to my 50mm prime, my kit 18-55mm slipped and went crashing to the concrete floor! Knowing the 'standard' build quality of Canon kit lens, I expected the worst... But to my surprise, there's not even a single scratch on it (it's still working well today).:sweatsm:

Last month, was shooting at Raffles Place when it suddenly started pouring, my old 80-200mm slipped from my bag while I was running for cover. The lens was OK, only damaged my polarising filter which was on it....:sweat:

Seems that Canon lens are not that bad after all...:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 

#7
I had dropped my camera from knee level, sending it crashing into concrete floor.
Was mounted on tripod, when keeping tripod, I inverted it to push the leg sections in. The whole head broke off, sending my camera crashing to the ground. :eek:

The lens retracted just in time. I ended up with a crack on the retractable lens barrel, narrowly missing the lens, and a dented main barrel. :sweat:


Had dropped my entire conversion lens assembly. Adapter ring, polariser and wide angle once. Scratched the WA lens cover. :bigeyes:

Also dropped my WA once, without the lens cover on. Luckily it's still ok. :bsmilie:
 

Wai

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
5,270
0
36
38
South Pole with Penguin
singastro.org
#8
No accident is worse than this...

Warning...bloody picture


This photo was taken by Patrick Baz from Agence France Presse in Baghdad's Palestine Hotel on 8th April. 5 people, including a Spanish cameraman and 3 Reuters staff were wounded when the hotel was hit during fighting between Iraqi and US troops.
 

#9
Oh this was on FM forums as well...it appears that an US tank shot the hotel, when the gunner saw a reflection from what he though was an enemy scout directing gunfire...

this shows how hardy canon equipment is as well..;p
 

Paul_Yeo

Senior Member
Feb 27, 2004
2,156
0
0
Sengkang
www.boo.sg
#10
today I went to a relative wedding. one of the photogs' walked into a small drain and everyone was shocked by the loud noise when he fell.
 

DT_

New Member
Nov 4, 2005
883
0
0
#11
Paul_Yeo said:
today I went to a relative wedding. one of the photogs' walked into a small drain and everyone was shocked by the loud noise when he fell.
:eek: ........
 

walla

New Member
Aug 1, 2005
59
0
0
Sternenfels
#12
Wai said:
No accident is worse than this...

Warning...bloody picture


This photo was taken by Patrick Baz from Agence France Presse in Baghdad's Palestine Hotel on 8th April. 5 people, including a Spanish cameraman and 3 Reuters staff were wounded when the hotel was hit during fighting between Iraqi and US troops.
:eek: Oh man.... Terrible... These people fulfill their passion/livelihood with their lives on the edge.
I clicked the link and those it's just red paint, then realised what happen after reading further down.
 

acidfilth

New Member
Mar 18, 2006
28
0
0
West, Singapore
#14
Paul_Yeo said:
today I went to a relative wedding. one of the photogs' walked into a small drain and everyone was shocked by the loud noise when he fell.
I'm soooo sorry, I laughed. I hear pots and pans crashing in my mind when I read that. :kok:

So far no accidents yet. *knock on wood*
 

nywreb

New Member
Jun 26, 2004
105
0
0
#15
Sion said:
One way not to have an accident with a camera is not to bring it to bed with you. :bsmilie:
yah this is true.....my camera fall from a bed (2ft high) with my SB600......immediately check my D70S and lens ... fortunately it is OK...but my flash suffer ... the red plastic covering of the AF assist (correct me if I'm wrong) was damage....damage as in it detached to the flash:cry: :bheart:

OT: how much to replace the cover.........:bheart:

cheers
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,905
0
0
Planet Nikon
#16
nywreb said:
yah this is true.....my camera fall from a bed (2ft high) with my SB600......immediately check my D70S and lens ... fortunately it is OK...but my flash suffer ... the red plastic covering of the AF assist (correct me if I'm wrong) was damage....damage as in it detached to the flash:cry: :bheart:

OT: how much to replace the cover.........:bheart:

cheers
Buy SB-800? :D

On a serious note, call NSC for a quote.
 

seanlim

New Member
Oct 28, 2005
943
0
0
NEL
#17
nywreb said:
yah this is true.....my camera fall from a bed (2ft high) with my SB600......immediately check my D70S and lens ... fortunately it is OK...but my flash suffer ... the red plastic covering of the AF assist (correct me if I'm wrong) was damage....damage as in it detached to the flash:cry: :bheart:

OT: how much to replace the cover.........:bheart:

cheers



$620:bsmilie:
Time for a SB800:thumbsup:
 

nywreb

New Member
Jun 26, 2004
105
0
0
#18
will try to go there tomorrow...no money to buy leh

espn said:
Buy SB-800? :D

On a serious note, call NSC for a quote.
 

seanlim

New Member
Oct 28, 2005
943
0
0
NEL
#20
espn said:
Buy SB-800? :D

On a serious note, call NSC for a quote.
wahh....espn faster than me by that few secs..:sticktong
 

Status
Not open for further replies.