Photography Competition at Singapore Orchid Festival

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
Due to unfortunate and unforeseen circumstances, ClubSNAP is no longer organising this competition for OSSEA and the Botanic Gardens.

OSSEA and Botanic Gardens will inform if the Photo Competition is still being organised in conjunction with the Orchid Festival at their respective websites.

We will be organising photoshoots for members who are interested to take pictures for entry into the competition.

Please watch out for details.

Originally posted by ruan
Hi Darren,
Don't seem to be able to get connected to that website.
Regards
Ruan
Raymond,
Thanks for spotting the error - its been corrected, so please try again.

Copyright should always be retained by the photographers:thumbsup:

Er, what are the prizes?:p

A lot of the website seems to be still under construction.

The site seems to be still under construction. How and where do we send our images in for the contest ? Any forms ? Send to who ????

The contest is now open for entries.

Will be updating with additional information (eg where to send the entries, entry forms, etc) in the next couple of days. In the meantime, start sifting through your collection of orchid photos (or join us in the next couple of weeks for Orchid Photoshoots) and print out your entries.

no stipulations on where the photo must be taken right? so i can bring my mom's precious pot of orchids to a studio and take right? :devil: :D

Originally posted by Larry
no stipulations on where the photo must be taken right? so i can bring my mom's precious pot of orchids to a studio and take right? :devil: :D
Yup, can. Can even take plastic orchids if you want, altho I am sure the orchid experts will be able to spot that a mile away.

Originally posted by Darren
[*]Judging of entries done on 6 Sept 2002. Judging panel will consist of 2 judges each from SBG, OSSEA and ClubSNAP.

Hi Darren, I think the date above should read as 2003 instead.

regards,
Roch

I think it's time we go shooting at BG. Who's game? :D

Larry organise

/me runs away first

Originally posted by rochkoh
Hi Darren, I think the date above should read as 2003 instead.
ah ... but here's the trick ... we ALREADY know who the winners are, as they were selected ONE YEAR AGO ... but to complete the circle, we still need people to send in their entries ... its one of those quantum theory things you know, where you go up one leg of the trousers of time and unless you have a firm grasp of time travel, you end up in someone else's dirty knickers ;)

ok ok i admit it was my mistake ... corrected

ah ... but here's the trick ... we ALREADY know who the winners are, as they were selected ONE YEAR AGO ... but to complete the circle, we still need people to send in their entries ... its one of those quantum theory things you know, where you go up one leg of the trousers of time and unless you have a firm grasp of time travel, you end up in someone else's dirty knickers ;)

Huh? Quantum Physic?

cheem.

Could someone give a tutorial on suitable mounting for the pictures or do we just tell the lab to do it for us?

have you been reading Terry Pratchett again??? :bsmilie:

Due to unfortunate and unforeseen circumstances, ClubSNAP is no longer organising this competition for OSSEA and the Botanic Gardens.

OSSEA and Botanic Gardens will inform if the Photo Competition is still being organised in conjunction with the Orchid Festival at their respective websites.

Status
Not open for further replies.