photography club?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i ever received this feedback from my juniors..."our members are here to learn and have a passion about photography. they are only beginners so keep your critiques to yourself.", after i made some comments about composition of the members' photographs

totally WTF.

How to learn without critiques?? :dunno:

"our members are here to learn and have a passion about photography. they are only beginners so keep your critiques to yourself.", after i made some comments about composition of the members' photographs

totally WTF.

:bsmilie:

well, maybe you can be milder, but critique should still be given.

i maintain that if someone cannot take critique, then perhaps either his passion is not well-placed, i.e. he is doing photogrpahy for some reason other than photography itself; or it is non-existant.

i ever received this feedback from my juniors..."our members are here to learn and have a passion about photography. they are only beginners so keep your critiques to yourself.", after i made some comments about composition of the members' photographs

totally WTF.

without critiques how to keep the photography improving on!:sweat:

destructive criticism: this photo is ugly
destructive criticism: you should use XXX brand dslr with YYYY lense instead

not very useful comment: chio xmm
not very useful comment: nice pic (but not saying why)
not very useful comment: good try

constructive criticism: this photo can be improved by ...
constructive criticism: do you have other photo from the same (event/photoshoot/etc) - I want to understand why you select this one from the entire batch
constructive criticism: have you done pp on this? can you show me the original (raw if possible)?

Last edited:
Agree but depending on situation to keep the critique harsh or mild. :)

I do agree, BUT I think there is hardly ever ANY reason to be harsh?
Its photography not some safety-related matters, where if u underexpose, someone will hurt themselves or die...lol:bsmilie:

Well, maybe if you're the boss, and your PG junior not performing to standard, perhaps..But then, being harsh is still wrong.:)

I do agree, BUT I think there is hardly ever ANY reason to be harsh?
Its photography not some safety-related matters, where if u underexpose, someone will hurt themselves or die...lol:bsmilie:

Well, maybe if you're the boss, and your PG junior not performing to standard, perhaps..But then, being harsh is still wrong.:)

The worst type of criticism is being harsh without stating any reasons. Best example, "this picture sucks".

harsh is always wrong.

blunt is another thing. blunt means, you do not beat around the bush, you say what you think, without being personal.

unfortunately, in clubsnap, and in reality, bluntness is often mixed up with harshness.

email to the photography club.. email is been bounced.. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.