Photography class

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never seem to be able to be self-critical. I can't tell if my photos are nice or not! I am trying to, but hard. :cry:
well, not sure if this helps, but what i found is that comparing your shots to many many other people's.. i.e. if you happen to be on a very common scene, e.g. national stadium.. do a search on flickr.

this does not mean that you have to reproduce other people's viewpoints.. just learn from what they are doing. ask yourself why their shots seem more interesting than yours. and be honest, just because a photo on flickr has many good positive comments does not mean it is a good shot. some of the people on flickr just have a lot of contacts/buddies that pump each other ego and shoot each other to explore, i'm sure you've seen it before. i guess that might help.

well, not sure if this helps, but what i found is that comparing your shots to many many other people's.. i.e. if you happen to be on a very common scene, e.g. national stadium.. do a search on flickr.

this does not mean that you have to reproduce other people's viewpoints.. just learn from what they are doing. ask yourself why their shots seem more interesting than yours. and be honest, just because a photo on flickr has many good positive comments does not mean it is a good shot. some of the people on flickr just have a lot of contacts/buddies that pump each other ego and shoot each other to explore, i'm sure you've seen it before. i guess that might help.

I'll try. Thank you very much! :)

Self learning is the best. You remember and learn much better through experimentation, pain of screwing up a moment than a didactic teacher in classroom. And i enjoy the process.

But with a (good) mentor i would think previously i would have picked up much faster. Took a week or so before i got my cam basics, still learning as i shoot. As to the worry of being spoon fed, i think that is entirely up to the attitude of learning.

Cheers
Ryan

further more,
we learn as we shoot. practical is better than theory.
i learn from CS too. especially advise and recommendation by senior members.
woots. so well, dont think so much, just shoot. u will learn naturally and faster too :thumbsup:

AGREED. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Read books and megazines, learn from there, then if need to be guided and clear doubts take cheaper photography courses at CCs.

Read books and megazines, learn from there, then if need to be guided and clear doubts take cheaper photography courses at CCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.