Photography Charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adiemus

May 21, 2004
Small island....
A request to those who work as freelance photographers:
Just hope to find out what the market rates are like now for the photographer.

1) For 1/2 day model shoot, probably 2-3hrs actual shooting.

2) For 1 day model shoot, probably 5-6hrs actual shooting.

3) How do you charge for photos that someone wants to use for printing postcards? Any thing that I should take note of in such a transaction?

Any info, help would be appreciated.
No banal talk please. :)

Maybe your should narrow down your specifications, like

* if the photographer's studio is required;
* what product/services is the postcard for;
* maybe to show some samples of the kind of pictures you want the photographer to acheive...

I think by that more pple here will be able to answer your qns.

Oh. Sorry for the miscommunication.

I'm asking from the photographer's point of view.

Some company may want to hire me as a model photographer. I'm wondering what the market rate is now. I need a rough estimate.

Also, some company also hopes to use some of my pics for postcards, I'm wondering what is involved in such transactions. Charges, photo rights, etc.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Adiemus said:
3) How do you charge for photos that someone wants to use for printing postcards? Any thing that I should take note of in such a transaction?
It depends on the size of the file, how long is the run, distribution area, the duration of the photo usage etc.

Also only release one-time publication rights. If the buyer wants to use the photo again, he has to pay you again. You are also bound not to sell the same or similar photo to another publication.

RuthBaby said:
some pple charge 20 bucks an hr...
some pple charge 2000 an hr...
and i even heard n seen... $10 000 per day for jus ambience shoot..

so where r u ?

Bo lar... I not there yet.. only charge US$15000 :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Adiemus said:
Oh. Sorry for the miscommunication.

I'm asking from the photographer's point of view.

Some company may want to hire me as a model photographer. I'm wondering what the market rate is now. I need a rough estimate.

Also, some company also hopes to use some of my pics for postcards, I'm wondering what is involved in such transactions. Charges, photo rights, etc.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

if you talking about singapore market, there isn't really a copyright for photos atg the current moment. in US it's really different as agents will handle all your photos for you. The foremost most important in photography business is to get a written letter and company stamp from that particular company for approval before even picking up your camera and start shooting.

there is a levy fee which you must include in your quotation if your photos are being used again for other medias like bus panels, MRTs posters and etc.

there isn't a fix rate as all jobs varies but for any normal photography jobs, a half day will command around $750-850 (with additional $100 per hour after fours) and $1200-$1600 (after 8 hours, additional $100 per hour). this rates are normal market rates. as i said it varies. i have done jobs which pays me $3000 a day and some days are only $1000 a day.

the rate above does not include Digital retouch, scanning if you shoot on film, assistant fees and so on. and it's only a month credit term.

Status
Not open for further replies.