Photo taking at indoor stadium


Status
Not open for further replies.

slwb80

New Member
Feb 7, 2004
9
0
0
Hi all,

i will be going for a concert held at the indoor stadium and i intend to take some photos. Previously i have seen some photos taken there to be very poor and i do not want this to happen on me. So is there any techniques to shoot photos in the concert? Pls enlighten me. Btw the cam i'm using is Minolta E323. Thanks in advance.
 

Paul_Yeo

Senior Member
Feb 27, 2004
2,155
0
0
Sengkang
www.boo.sg
are u sure u can bring camera there?

if yes,
1) use high iso loh. think ligting will be quite bad...dark....say iso800 or even iso1600

2) think flash not much use as guess u will be far huh and SIS is big

3) use tripod ...maybe u will need slow shutter speed....
 

CY_OH

Senior Member
Jun 24, 2004
1,236
1
38
37
Ang Mo Kio
www.flickr.com
There are signs inside the Indoor Stadium stating no food, drinks and photography inside the seating area. The same rules should apply at the Esplanade. If you want to take photos, it might be better to do discretely, with no flash and no tripod.
 

cookiez

New Member
Oct 6, 2003
419
0
0
Let me guess : Sammi Cheng's concert next week ?

Anyway, if your camera is a compact one then it will not be a
problem.
 

slwb80

New Member
Feb 7, 2004
9
0
0
Yup. That's rite. U going for the concert too? ;)
 

imaginary_number

Senior Member
Feb 3, 2002
1,741
0
36
Singapore
I thought it was stated that "no photography allowed" on the sistic website? U have a way to sneak the cam in eh?
 

cookiez

New Member
Oct 6, 2003
419
0
0
slwb80 said:
Yup. That's rite. U going for the concert too? ;)
Yup...going too !
 

cookiez

New Member
Oct 6, 2003
419
0
0
imaginary_number said:
I thought it was stated that "no photography allowed" on the sistic website? U have a way to sneak the cam in eh?
aiya...no doubt it was stated that no photography allowed, u think
singaporeans so obedient ?

Of all the concerts I've attended in indoor stadium, there was not one that
was without fans snapping using digi/film cams....they will close 1 eye if u are
using a compact cam but they will interfere if you take out your DSLR or any
pro cam with big mama lens...
 

imaginary_number

Senior Member
Feb 3, 2002
1,741
0
36
Singapore
cookiez said:
aiya...no doubt it was stated that no photography allowed, u think
singaporeans so obedient ?

Of all the concerts I've attended in indoor stadium, there was not one that
was without fans snapping using digi/film cams....they will close 1 eye if u are
using a compact cam but they will interfere if you take out your DSLR or any
pro cam with big mama lens...
i see... so will they check your bags for cams? if yes, how do u bring it in? keep it in your pocket?
 

cookiez

New Member
Oct 6, 2003
419
0
0
imaginary_number said:
i see... so will they check your bags for cams? if yes, how do u bring it in? keep it in your pocket?
PM me if u want to know how...
 

Status
Not open for further replies.