Photo sharing - Crabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

waisj

Feb 25, 2003
OZilla
Visit site
Hi all,

A few shots to share. Constructive comments welcomed :)

Neopetrolisthes_maculatus.jpg

Permanotus_purpureus.jpg

Volcano_crab.jpg

ID anyone? :dunno:

Cheers

waisj said:
Hi all,
A few shots to share. Constructive comments welcomed :) ID anyone? :dunno: Cheers

Hey, i had also managed to take the same crinoid crab at Lembeh, but not on the crinoid thou. Yellow with hexagon print, isnt it beautiful.... ahh...

As for ur first picture, i had the feeling of a crab being squashed... but nice shot!

Dunno if its my monitor but the colour on the first one seems a bit muted. Still the way it is looking at the camera is just so expressive. Other than that 'Wow!' is all I can say. :thumbsup:

It looks fine on my screen. Wonderful shots.

The first crab look so cute....
:)
Nice....

agree that the 1st one so cute... hmm its looks like y shooting me.. haha very good shots :D

COOL...
heres what i think, try to get the carb's attention when u shoot next time. like they try to defend by opening their crawls.

ID? waisj, u kidding me right? You are the resident ID consultant here.....

Love your porcelain crab the most. How did it appear on a 8X12 ? Colours still as rich?

Eric

manta30 said:
Hey, i had also managed to take the same crinoid crab at Lembeh, but not on the crinoid thou. Yellow with hexagon print, isnt it beautiful.... ahh...

As for ur first picture, i had the feeling of a crab being squashed... but nice shot!

Heh.. yeah... marine life in lembeh is so rich and diverse. There were 2 organisms on the crinoid. a squat lobster, crinoid shrimp amd the crinoid crab. Squat lobster was too skittish to take though.....

Thanks for the compliments

eel said:
Dunno if its my monitor but the colour on the first one seems a bit muted. Still the way it is looking at the camera is just so expressive. Other than that 'Wow!' is all I can say. :thumbsup:

Thanks....

jbma said:
It looks fine on my screen. Wonderful shots.

Thanks for the compliments.....

Annery said:
The first crab look so cute....
:)
Nice....

Thanks for the compliments ..

starry said:
agree that the 1st one so cute... hmm its looks like y shooting me.. haha very good shots :D

Thank or the compliments...

GENO said:
COOL...
heres what i think, try to get the carb's attention when u shoot next time. like they try to defend by opening their crawls.

Heh.. good idea.... will keep that in mind....

kthan said:
ID? waisj, u kidding me right? You are the resident ID consultant here.....

Love your porcelain crab the most. How did it appear on a 8X12 ? Colours still as rich?

Eric

Heh.. couldn't find any resources on the crab..... i couldn't even make out the family or sub-family of it... :embrass:

Well not as vibrant though on 8X12..... and thanks for the tip on the porcelain crab. Won't be as impressive without your advice. ;)

i wanna go back lembeh....

so u bought the inon dome port last nite?

just a stupid question.... these crinoids and stuff, malaysian waters dont have or very rare? sometimes i try to scrutinize the soft corals and bubble corals, feather stars and etc, hoping to find the little stuff... but without much luck ...

ya, i think the first crab looks like :rolleyes: after being squashed, haha...

kthan said:
i wanna go back lembeh....

so u bought the inon dome port last nite?

Nah..... emailed him and there were some minor dings on the sleeve....

beivied said:
just a stupid question.... these crinoids and stuff, malaysian waters dont have or very rare? sometimes i try to scrutinize the soft corals and bubble corals, feather stars and etc, hoping to find the little stuff... but without much luck ...

ya, i think the first crab looks like :rolleyes: after being squashed, haha...

Well there are actually but i don't recall seeing any inhibitants in /on them though.....

Wat exactly is the other 2 creatures??
So funny one...... but look poison to me....

Hi annery,

They are essentially crabs, crabs that lives on soft corals to be precise.

Both are not poisonous. They mimick their surroundings and normally feed on plankton

hahaha... the 1st photo leads me to think of the monkey god kena crushed under the 'Wu Zhi San'....... like the cute "sleepy" eys of the crab.. ;p

solid... haha.. hey man... do more of such grouping of sea creatures.. this is for crabs... and one for nudis... etc.. then next time i can print out all this individual threads as ID books hohoh..;p

drools.. make me wan to break my piggy bank to go manado... :(
*must endure must endure!!!

siaoon said:
hahaha... the 1st photo leads me to think of the monkey god kena crushed under the 'Wu Zhi San'....... like the cute "sleepy" eys of the crab.. ;p

solid... haha.. hey man... do more of such grouping of sea creatures.. this is for crabs... and one for nudis... etc.. then next time i can print out all this individual threads as ID books hohoh..;p

at $180 return airfare , u can't go wrong...

siaoon said:

Haa haa will do.... will do.....

kthan said:
at $180 return airfare , u can't go wrong...

Eric is right at 180 airfare.. you can't go wrong.....

Status
Not open for further replies.