Photo mounting

Riotbmx

Feb 16, 2012
Chinapore
5iftysf.tumblr.com
How do you guys mount your prints? I'll be having a display in Dec, need to get the photos mounted up. Will be a mixture of FB and RC prints along with some salt prints made with watercolour paper. Thanks in advance

The other time we used ikea frames for the Small People Big Cameras showcase. Tell us more about your display! Would be interested to see salt prints and stuff.

Scandiacus said:
The other time we used ikea frames for the Small People Big Cameras showcase. Tell us more about your display! Would be interested to see salt prints and stuff.

Hey thanks! But the photo paper have to stick to a board so it'll be flat right? I'm afraid if I use those 3M spray type of adhesive I might ruin the print.

As for the display, basically some of my street works. Will feature a few collabs with some very talented local artists as well(if they can finish their part on time). Will keep you updated.

Double sided tape works fine if it will be mounted for only a short period of time. It's less of a hassle to work with as well compared to spray mount. The neatest and long lasting way to do it is to use a dry-mounting press.

I usually cut my own mat board so I can control the framing but pre-cut boards are available for sale.

tonyep said:
Double sided tape works fine if it will be mounted for only a short period of time. It's less of a hassle to work with as well compared to spray mount. The neatest and long lasting way to do it is to use a dry-mounting press.

I usually cut my own mat board so I can control the framing but pre-cut boards are available for sale.

Thanks Tony!

I tried doubles sided tape but it didn't work very well for the RC prints because its very thin base, can see the unevenness. Even more exaggerated when its glossy. Went to Ruby yesterday to get some advise, uncle has no clue either because they usually leave this job to the frame makers. Was told that I can get dry mounting tissue at Art Friend, will try mounting it with my hot iron for clothes. Will prolly have to resort to spray adhesive for the RC prints