Photo Marathon Contest 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
valska said:
I thought this shot was FANTASTIC. Excellent concept. :)
thanks ! only shot of the whole day i felt good about =)

Hope you shot one shot in RAW... time to go print S8R hee...hee...

Since everyone seems to be posting their pics, here's my shot, shortlisted for the My World theme.

myworld.jpg

Overall I felt that most of the good and creative shots came from the first theme, and probably most pple after giving it their best shot and seeing how the judging went, just lost motivation. I also thought it was absolutely hilarious how one person shot like 6-7 other photographers camping at the Raffles statue at sunset waiting to shoot the "Singapore Idol" theme!

btw, I liked Duckizz's shot very much and I think Newman's shot should have won something. The shot of the woman's pregnant tummy as well as that of the girl kissing the poster of Ah Meng should have won something as well... so there we have it... the picture of a peeing man in the toilet and that of a blurry dark room beats those shots in the judge's eyes.

thanks.....
yea the ah meng one was good...damm farni
but i guess they are really looking for a difference....i went over and wanetd to take raffles too. then saw SO MANY pple there so i left.

actually i took one of the Lady Justice at the top of the Supreme Court. wanted to submit that theme but felt maybe too.....serious...

Actually the man wasn't peeing if you look carefully, there was no urinal infront of him :)

duckizz said:
actually i took one of the Lady Justice at the top of the Supreme Court. wanted to submit that theme but felt maybe too.....serious...
Well that's something I wanted to shoot too... but ended up submitting a shot of Stanford Raffles ;)

i tot there was time for the judges to tell us what they liked abt the photos. maybe we will know which areas they were looking for and have that general ""oh.....i see"feeling ....

duckizz said:
i tot there was time for the judges to tell us what they liked abt the photos. maybe we will know which areas they were looking for and have that general ""oh.....i see"feeling ....

duckizz, when all of us were waiting for the results at 9pm, i was joking with the "sentosa newbies". when the MC was saying that jonathan drake would be explaining why the winning photos were selected, i turned ard and said to them, "You know wat will be the answer? he's gonna say 'becos i like.'"

so, at the end of the day, it boils down to dat. i agreed with espn and scanner. some of the winning shots were like "huh?" to me. then there are those money shots dat were rejected. beats me.... :dunno:

as scanner has said, i enjoyed shooting with frens thru out the day and not so much abt the marathon itself, which IMO, was quite poorly runned and the themes left much to be desired.

sometimes i think it's a bit of luck to come across good pics like the winner for island life, n courage to approach them...

there are many shortlisted taken from the back i wouldnt give credit but probably they got a good composition.

n more pics this yr have effects like the dollar notes, n the little girl in singapore idol, some slow shutter, i think most cant take with a digital compact cam.
i got this feeling they hate freeze images.more abstract n blur.

Newman said:
This was my entry for the 1st theme. The other 2 entries for the other 2 themes not worth showing. :(
IMG_0031a.jpg

Although this pic didn't win any prize, it is now in the top 30 to vie for the grand prize. Keeping my fingers crossed. :D

Congrats to Will03 and Anthony (sorry don't know your nick) for winning the merit prizes for the 3rd theme 'Singapore Idol'! Will, I love your 'sun' microphone! Very creative! :thumbsup:

Thanks ....sorry for the late reply..just woke up an hour ago...hehehe

agree with plato that the first theme had the better photos...
and for me, i have nothing to say about winning photos from 1st theme, coz they are good, well...maybe not for the toilet pic... ;p

but for 2nd theme winning photos, seriously and no offense, im not "wow-ed" by them.

singapore idol's photos....was funny the first time i saw it.
but the 2nd time i watched it, the feeling was plain, esp when u see lots of ronald macdonald, raffles and yusof... :eek:

Here is my entry for the Singapore Idol theme. It seems that I am the only one with the idea of luxury car/hotel idea. Strangely, I did not see my image on the projection screen yesterday. After downloading my picture, the image appeared as corrupt while reviewing but turned out fine at home.
2793189-lg.jpg

anyone joining the UN photo competition ? :D

GO GO GO!! Then can BUY BUY BUY!!!!!

Well done guys! I thought some of the shortlisted ones were really good. My fav were the "Man at Temple" for 1st theme, "Girl Shower" for 2nd theme, and "Girl kissing Ah Meng" for 3rd theme.

"Me? crashed & burnt. :D

buy buy wat ? machum like i can win against everyone from the world like that :)

It's not the winning that matters... the process is more enjoyable... buy a 17-35, 28-70 and 70-200VR ... heehee :devil:

oh then i know who u r liao =)

You meant you took to long to know? ;p Slow leh you.

distracted by the chio bu u put as yr avatar mah

You want to die ah... wait I tell you-know-who then you die... :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.