photo management software

Status
Not open for further replies.

yanyewkay

Sep 22, 2004
Cons digger.
my computer is now filled to the bream with photos, photos and MORE PHOTOS.

i need something to organise all the photos.. i currently store them in folders everytime i download from my CF card.

currently i've heard of
-picasa <-- downloaded, try. .dunno how to use.
-adobe photo album <-- downloaded try.. feel not user friendly
-acdsee <-- haven't download try yet..

anymore other suggestions or good organisation workflow you guys adopt for housekeeping?

HELP!!

I am using Picasa and also Irfanview. Both are excellent.:thumbsup:

There are quite a few such software around, which can range to a quite a tidy sum if you want all the features.

Some examples: Extensis Portfolio, Cumulus by Canto, etc

I use a rather interesting shareware: Imatch. Extremely powerful.

Watcher said:
There are quite a few such software around, which can range to a quite a tidy sum if you want all the features.

Some examples: Extensis Portfolio, Cumulus by Canto, etc

I use a rather interesting shareware: Imatch. Extremely powerful.

How is iMatch? Care to share a bit more?

nyxx88 said:
How is iMatch? Care to share a bit more?
Imatch is a shareware that does cataloging of images that you put in. You can do indexing and searching not only of keywords which you put in, but also in file size, dimension and even EXIF or IPTC (via the build-in scripting) or try to match files "similar" to a reference image (fuzzy search). It supports most if not all RAW file format and can catalogue them directly into its proprietary database without changing the files themselves.

It is fully color managed and has quite a few functions. You can take a look and even download a demo version, 30-day trial, to try out at www.photools.com. Full version with unlimited update (so far for the past 2 years) US$60.

It is not meant for casual shooters with <500 images a year but when you shoot that many for each event or shooting stock photos, etc, it is a worthwhile investment, considering that it is cheaper than a top end filter or a 50/1.8 lens!

Status
Not open for further replies.