Photo album - where to get non acid free paper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Witness said:
popular too.....

chk with them liao. they only sell those normal glossy laminating sleeves leh?

which popular you got yours?

Nightstar,

Anything to do with acid-free or archival quality paper is generally expensive.

I had an instructor who swear on acid free boards for his mounting of prints. The boards have natural color something like very light beige.

You could try to buy mounting boards from Letraset and DIY your album.

dreamseeker said:
Nightstar,

Anything to do with acid-free or archival quality paper is generally expensive.

I had an instructor who swear on acid free boards for his mounting of prints. The boards have natural color something like very light beige.

You could try to buy mounting boards from Letraset and DIY your album.

Thanks dreamseeker for setting my expectations right...I guess I was looking out for something slightly more expensive than normal photo albums. Letraset is based in UK...not willing to fork out so much (++ shipping charges)...think maybe I go try the local websites as suggested earlier :)

Nightstar,

Letraset is also here locally. Near to Bugis area. As they supply to the museums and libraries locally, their stuff are normally acid free.

Letraset Singapore Pte Ltd
4 Jalan Klapa
Singapore 199316
Tel: 6391-1101

Btw, I bought my acid free neg sleeves via mail order from overseas. The good thing was that it was much cheaper than the normal ones sold locally.

dreamseeker said:
Nightstar,

Letraset is also here locally. Near to Bugis area. As they supply to the museums and libraries locally, their stuff are normally acid free.

4 Jalan Klapa
Singapore 199316

Btw, I bought my acid free neg sleeves via mail order from overseas. The good thing was that it was much cheaper than the normal ones sold locally.

Thanks dreamseeker really! It's great that it's in Bugis area cos that's near my working place. Will go check it out soon and update here. I shoot digital so neg sleeves not very relevant for the moment but thanks for the info too. Cheers!

Witness said:
huh....i never buy before le...haha....

oh, okie, thanks. :)

dreamseeker said:
Nightstar,

4 Jalan Klapa
Singapore 199316

Dreamseeker,

I just called Letraset...the lady told me they do not carry acid free paper at all nor any other paper that is suitable for mounting photos :dunno: ...think I will check out other websites as suggested earlier...but thanks for your suggestion.

Anyone still interested in acid-free mounting boards?

Status
Not open for further replies.