Phase One

Status
Not open for further replies.

harlowmac

Sep 10, 2003
Visit site
Anyone here uses c1 by www.c1dslr.com?

What's the result like and on what camera you are using from?
Thinking of buying but its not very fast on my machine.

harlowmac said:
Anyone here uses c1 by www.c1dslr.com?

What's the result like and on what camera you are using from?
Thinking of buying but its not very fast on my machine.

It is 10 times faster than Canon RAW convertor. IMHO I love using it cos very fast. I think it does support 10D, D60, D100 but not S2Pro, 300D and OLY E-1.

correct me if I wrong.

It does not support Oly E-1 ... yet. Also, it does not support non-DSLRs so you can't use it if you are not using DSLRs. It is fast but not the fastest when it comes to the actual raw conversion (Adobe Camera Raw 2 in Photoshop CS is faster) but it allows immediate preview of changes you make to any of the parameters. Also it would allow you to start working on another image while the previous one is still being converted (a feature no other Raw converter supports).

tomcat said:
It does not support Oly E-1 ... yet. Also, it does not support non-DSLRs so you can't use it if you are not using DSLRs. It is fast but not the fastest when it comes to the actual raw conversion (Adobe Camera Raw 2 in Photoshop CS is faster) but it allows immediate preview of changes you make to any of the parameters. Also it would allow you to start working on another image while the previous one is still being converted (a feature no other Raw converter supports).

thanks ppl!

you mean Photoshop CS is out and it includes Raw conversion tool? How's this new software compared to PS7 and any problem?
Sorry for asking

Photoshop CS is actually PS8 and has many features not present in PS7, the main ones being ability to use layers in 16-bit, a very useful Shadows/Highlights recovery function and the inclusion of RAW conversion for most of the current range of digicams and DSLRs that support RAW mode. During raw conversion in PS CS, you can even opt to minimise any chromatic aberration that's present in the image.

The downside of PS CS is that it needs to be activated like Win XP before use and you are allowed only 2 activations without any questions asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.