Pentaxians September 2009 Outing - HortPark on Sept 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sungei Rinngit! Nice and cheap seafood plus nice place for photography. But need to book transport when reach the place. Makan place and fishing village quite far apart. Must pay attention to the boat timing also else stuck there overnight...:)

Is the town call "Pengarang"?
Understand last ferry is 4pm.

Is the town call "Pengarang"?
Understand last ferry is 4pm.

Yeah, it is part of Pengarang. The boat from Changi will reach the jetty at Pengarang and take a taxi to Sungei Rinngit where most of the activities like makan places, fishing village etc are located. Although the last boat is at 4pm during weekend, better be there about 3pm cause sometime when you reach the jetty at about 4pm, you will find that no boat available. Than you need the assistant of the custom officer to call a boat for you and that will require extra charges...than the boatmen came out suddenly from nowhere. If you know what I mean.

Can see some of my pictures taken from there....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36524750@N05/sets/72157617025452719/

This trip I drove there so have all the time to move around the town slowly.

Just a thought, why not meet at East Coast Park, rent some bikes and shoot as we travel from one end to the other. Plenty to shoot... shots of people, picnic, blading, cycling, swimming, sailing, video too, etc. plus there is the new Xtreme SkatePark @ East Coast... can shoot candid, can shoot action, can move to the best location for landscape/sunset, can even shoot macro... and can shoot babes too I guess. Plus got nice food to eat... and drinks too :bsmilie:
Can shoot to some sort of theme like "People at Play" or something like that...

sidetrack: i don't think i can attend september's outing, anyone keen to meet up for a dinner sometime this week?

thursday/friday dinner? pm me!

Last edited:
Yeah, it is part of Pengarang. The boat from Changi will reach the jetty at Pengarang and take a taxi to Sungei Rinngit where most of the activities like makan places, fishing village etc are located. Although the last boat is at 4pm during weekend, better be there about 3pm cause sometime when you reach the jetty at about 4pm, you will find that no boat available. Than you need the assistant of the custom officer to call a boat for you and that will require extra charges...than the boatmen came out suddenly from nowhere. If you know what I mean.

Can see some of my pictures taken from there....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36524750@N05/sets/72157617025452719/

This trip I drove there so have all the time to move around the town slowly.

this one sounds interesting! do i need a malaysian visa for that?

pentaxians.. shall we do makan on THURSDAY (realised i can't do friday), 7pm onwards? all are invited, pm me if you're coming! suggestions for venue are appreciated. :lovegrin:

edit: sorry realised i'm already committed on friday so it has to be thursday

Last edited:
pentaxians.. shall we do makan on friday, 7pm onwards? all are invited, pm me if you're coming! suggestions for venue are appreciated. :lovegrin:

I'll be back this Friday evening.
If makan around West, can join.
How about Gombak, my adopted homeground?:)

so when is the outing? this weekend? i haven't been to one, but would like to join in! the sunrise idea sounds cool but i don't have personal transport zzz.

I'll be back this Friday evening.
If makan around West, can join.
How about Gombak, my adopted homeground?:)

oops, sorry got to put it on thursday as i'm not free on friday night :(

Cmon guys, already first week of September has come and gone and there is still not many suggestions put forward. Let's put our thinking caps on and come up with some workable options.
We're getting side tracked by banal and off topic discussion. Keep the ideas rolling in...
Personally I'm not really in favour of going to Malaysia because not many, myself included might not be able to commit to a whole day affair. OK let me put some suggestions:

Date:
19th September or 26 September

Venue:
1) East Coast Park
2) Sungai Buloh Nature Reserve
3) Dairy Farm Nature Park
4) Sunrise or sunset at one of our reservoirs or seafront location

I'm thinking of the Dairy Farm Nature Park also. Other venue, Chinese/Japanese Garden, Haw Par Villa.

Don't forget another one: HortPark. It's one of those places I'd like to walk about again :)

pentaxians.. shall we do makan on THURSDAY (realised i can't do friday), 7pm onwards? all are invited, pm me if you're coming! suggestions for venue are appreciated. :lovegrin:

edit: sorry realised i'm already committed on friday so it has to be thursday

Okay, since Darren is leaving us next Wed. I'd like to meet him tomorrow (Thursday), probably somewhere around west side since he and me all from there ;)

So how about a farewell gathering around 7 or 8pm tomorrow (Thursday, Sept. 10) at Lot 1 (Choa Chu Kang MRT)? This is not the monthly gather, but rather a chitchat session. We can also talk about where to go for this month's gathering there :D

Please let me or/and Darren know if you are coming.

Cheers!

Baybeats?
Concert/performance photography?
Happens every fri/dat/sun at Esplanade waterside. (Free)

Keen on Hortpark (only late noon onwards though) and Esplanade free concerts.

pentaxians.. shall we do makan on THURSDAY (realised i can't do friday), 7pm onwards? all are invited, pm me if you're coming! suggestions for venue are appreciated.

Sorry I can't make it, so I'll say my goodbyes here. Thanks for the memories Darren. :cool:

Baybeats?
Concert/performance photography?
Happens every fri/dat/sun at Esplanade waterside. (Free)

Baybeats was last week bro.
Concert photography is fine, but after shooting almost every concert I attend, it gets kinda boring. :bsmilie:
Maybe could go for night landscape shots around the area?

Then again, I'll have to pass up any activities for this month to prepare for Hari Raya. You guys can come visit me if you want. No green packet though. :bsmilie:

Okay, since Darren is leaving us next Wed. I'd like to meet him tomorrow (Thursday), probably somewhere around west side since he and me all from there ;)

So how about a farewell gathering around 7 or 8pm tomorrow (Thursday, Sept. 10) at Lot 1 (Choa Chu Kang MRT)? This is not the monthly gather, but rather a chitchat session. We can also talk about where to go for this month's gathering there :D

Please let me or/and Darren know if you are coming.

Cheers!

Hi Darren,

My apologies for not being able to attend your farewell gathering tomorrow. All the best in your studies. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.