Pentax X90

7seater

Sep 3, 2010
Has been looking aand comparing around for a ultra zoom camera. Narrow down to Pentax X90 or Nikon P100. Finally, got the Pentax considering the price in Japan. Although it is only with standard accessories, I got for about S$380 (Jpy 24,190) with 1 year international warranty. Singapore set cost about $599 with 8GB card. Nikon P100 is Jpy33,500.

Reviews stated during video, no zooming. But actually can. Hope my choice is correct. You can get from Yodobashi Camera or BIC Camera which is the big camera chain throughout Japan. Price at thesebig chain able to give very good price. Look at normal shops cost additional Jpy 10k~15k more easily.

Nice deal ;p Thanks for sharing the info. And welcome to Pentax family. Hope you enjoy stayin here :)

Hopefully will like to stay in club snap :bsmilie: seems people here focus on DSLR. Anyway I have done comparison between Pentax X90 verses Nikon P100. Finally choice Pentax having better pictures per reviews. Just take the plunge.

Where can I get accessories for this camera at best deal? Any recommendations.

Hopefully will like to stay in club snap :bsmilie: seems people here focus on DSLR. Anyway I have done comparison between Pentax X90 verses Nikon P100. Finally choice Pentax having better pictures per reviews. Just take the plunge.

Where can I get accessories for this camera at best deal? Any recommendations.

What accessories?

External Flash? Bag? Rechargeable batteries? Tripods? Can go to Orient Photo @ SLS to enquire . . .

Hi anyone can advise me? is lens filter necessary? Can anyone tell me that suitable filter diameter? Where can I get it? What will be the indicative price? Thanks.

You can't screw a filter directly on the X90 camera lens, you need to use an adapter to do so:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kiwifotos-72mm-Filter-Adapter-Pentax/dp/B003WP7UYE

It's not necessary to use a filter unless you wanna achieve some special effect (mostly CPL or ND filter and etc...). I'd use camera w/o a protect filter if I were you :)

Thanks. it is helpful.