Pentax Wessex Estate Trip - Photos

Just too many nice photos to single out. :)
Wish I could have made it there.

Thank you for posting the photos - they brought back fond memories. I used to live in Wessex Estate some 30 years ago (I was very young then, of course).

I still remember the train track I had to cross every day to get home from Queensway.

And sound of the train is like an alarm that marks 10.05 pm - the train leaves Tanjung Pagar at 10.00 every night. The train schedule has changed since then.

Ah, the memories of "yesterday". I haven't taken a train for ages in Malaysia. The last one was to Penang some 20+ years ago. Rail will follow the fate of typewriters; for those "young" enough to understand this term. And Remington was THE brand of the day. How about Olivetti? Am glad Singapore attempts to preserve some of these historical sites, and convert them into something contributing back to humanity.

Just too many nice photos to single out. :)
Wish I could have made it there.

Same here. Pity I was too shagged from all the festivities these past 3 days.

Great ambiance and lovely models (purple k-x) :cool: I'm having lots of ideas for a photo-story all of a sudden... :think:

There were plenty of Pentax users who went for the outing but how come so few people have posted so far??? C'mon let's see those images!!! The best promotion you can do for Pentax is to showcase the photos taken with your Pentax camera.

Ah, the memories of "yesterday". I haven't taken a train for ages in Malaysia. The last one was to Penang some 20+ years ago. Rail will follow the fate of typewriters; for those "young" enough to understand this term. And Remington was THE brand of the day. How about Olivetti? Am glad Singapore attempts to preserve some of these historical sites, and convert them into something contributing back to humanity.

i don't think will preserve...
the gov will sell the land and the building, but the buyer must keep the building in orig shapes.
will hardly keep it as a museum...:(

Wow! So many excellent and fun photos you guys got there :thumbsup:

Pity I've been too busy packing/unpacking over the weekend, didn't get chance to check online until now. Haven't really looked at my photos yet :( Will try to post some before everybody gets tired of seeing all the cats/candids shots :)

When is HOUSE WARMING? Pentaxian Party? Should consider lah...

There were plenty of Pentax users who went for the outing but how come so few people have posted so far??? C'mon let's see those images!!! The best promotion you can do for Pentax is to showcase the photos taken with your Pentax camera.

i'm still waiting for my 1st roll of film to be developed. :sweat:

Lastly, the pentaxians!

K7_J4089 by jjynwa, on Flickr

K7_J4110 by jjynwa, on Flickr​

hahaha... the first guy was me trying to demonstrate how difficult to shoot the tiny crab spider. can see or not the spider? it was the white dot on the pole. not surprising no one posted an image of this spider. i could not also... :embrass:

the pentaxian in the 2nd photo get my prize for his dedication to his craft. :thumbsup:

sorry, havent posted cos got exam and project presentation on friday.

Good Point Denis. Have not really looked at the photos taken at the outing yet. Need to shake off my lethargy and see if there is any that can be posted.

Lastly, the pentaxians!

K7_J4110 by jjynwa, on Flickr​

Saw different version of this shot, a few times on this thread. If not mistaken, that should be Charlie. He is hard-core pentaxian. Hopefully, he was as "on the ball" during his NS days, even on hot day and sharp stones, he will lay in prone position. :bsmilie:

Saw different version of this shot, a few times on this thread. If not mistaken, that should be Charlie. He is hard-core pentaxian. Hopefully, he was as "on the ball" during his NS days, even on hot day and sharp stones, he will lay in prone position. :bsmilie:

Its bad for the male reproductive system :bsmilie: i always look where i prone...

My big round tummy is supporting me when i prone down. So no more worry about reproductive problems...lol

Another one...

4989601065_a896eec6ce_b.jpg

Last edited:
Tried learning to do PP. Not succeding very well. The saying about old dogs and new tricks hold much truth for me. Anyway my humble contributions

#1 Silent Guardian by Door

4989844585_a02b2ddf5e_b.jpg

#2 Love the exotic names used to identify the blocks

4990578678_0e0bf07ec1_b.jpg

#3 The estate landmark

4990616766_523ec0142b_b.jpg

#4 It feels like a communal village..unlike most residences in Singapore

4989845045_4ef5b22822_b.jpg

Last edited: