Pentax User Photo Skills Workshop: Sat, 10 April 2010

wow..glad to see the sifus like Fengwei and Dennis are there to share their experiences and that pentaxians finally have our very own "Photography workshop". Quite tired of hearing only the other major makes having them. Thanks to everyone for their hardwork in organising this. I wished I was there as I am a also newbie too when it comes to composition and post processing but I need to be somewhere else. sigh...anyway, hopefully there will be a second session ;) Thinking aloud, from the experiences learnt, perhaps some training package can be made so that Emjay can consider taking this up as a free workshop for people who buy the camera. Then they can sell on the brand, the available lenses as well as skill sets, so that the owners can take nice photos that will make the Dark Side envious..:)

The workshop was very informative, kudos to all the seniors who made it happen.

I went home and downloaded LR3 beta straightaway!

Denis - master of the session, and the way we got the big Mac screen projected on the wall w/ the help of a tiny netbook and its small webcam :D

K7FW8855_s.jpg

Thanks to the sifus for everything, and the others too for the technical assistance rendered. Pentax's tagline may be "Be Interesting", but yesterday's session showed that the local Pentaxian family's tagline is "Be Innovative". A Microsoft and Apple collaboration -- who would've thought of that. Also shows that we go with whatever works man, to heck with brand names. :)

Good to hear that the first workshop was a success, paving the way for many more to come. :thumbsup:

Denis, just wondering, will you be posting a summary of the stuff covered during the workshop for those who missed out on attending? Please? ;p

It's our pleasure.
Thanks to those who turned up and for your patience, especially the minor technical on the projection.:)

thank you all seniors...denis, ben, felix, fengwei and other shifus for making this happen! yeah you guys rock!:gbounce:

the fighting spirit... making the technicals work.....

really really informative! :thumbsup:

truely...
:cheergal:Pentax.... IS (Be) Interesting !:cheergal:

thank you all seniors...denis, ben, felix, fengwei and other shifus for making this happen! yeah you guys rock!:gbounce:

the fighting spirit... making the technicals work.....

really really informative! :thumbsup:

truely...
:cheergal:Pentax.... IS (Be) Interesting !:cheergal:

Go shoot with your "new" toy hehe . . .

It makes me want to buy CS3 ..... never knows it can do so much, the strength of pentax community is unfound elsewhere in any part of the world, we are really luck to have these sifu, creampuf, Feng Wei and Ben Loke show us so many things beyong the call of duty ..
if this were an orgainsation, what a team!

That day my laptop having intermittent problems, then no screen anymore early went to funan but the quote estimate t be $622, for motherboard replacement I gave to and up carried it to the workshop ..very tiring . no more PC, is Mac for in future.

It makes me want to buy CS3 ..... never knows it can do so much, the strength of pentax community is unfound elsewhere in any part of the world, we are really luck to have these sifu, creampuf, Feng Wei and Ben Loke show us so many things beyong the call of duty ..
if this were an orgainsation, what a team!

That day my laptop having intermittent problems, then no screen anymore early went to funan but the quote estimate t be $622, for motherboard replacement I gave to and up carried it to the workshop ..very tiring . no more PC, is Mac for in future.

Dun think u can get cs3 now.12th April CS5 worldwide launch liao;)

Thanks to the sifus for everything, and the others too for the technical assistance rendered. Pentax's tagline may be "Be Interesting", but yesterday's session showed that the local Pentaxian family's tagline is "Be Innovative". A Microsoft and Apple collaboration -- who would've thought of that. Also shows that we go with whatever works man, to heck with brand names. :)

God, i just log in today, and found that I have the chance to participate.

Anyway, thanks for Denis' PM.

Had anyone took a video?

Dun think u can get cs3 now.12th April CS5 worldwide launch liao;)

Darn...just bought CS4 about 2 months ago. Beside installing it...have not used more then twice. Now it already CS5.

All paying attention to the sifu in front ma!

Thanks the sifu and all related people who help out in the making workshop possible. Quite impress to know what LR and PS can do. Caught PP to the numerous photos of gentlemen, especially the one w the smoothen skin. :p

The merger of several photos of the wooden duck also left an impression in me.

A lot of technique is being taught, but unable to rmb all, and where to click. Any website we can refer if we require help?

hello.

Sorry that im unable to give an firm reply on participating in this workshop.
Was away overseas for 2 weeks, unable to find an internet access point in that area.

Thanks to the organisers of this workshop for their efforts.
i hope i could attend the next upcoming one. :)

I would like to find out if there is another Pentax User workshop for year 2011?
:):)

Wow! This is really a good news!! :)

can start booking first??? haha

Good to hear that cos I miss the last one. It will be good that the dates are published so that we could book a seat....

hehe learned abit from the last one, made me gotten lightroom 3 to try try =)