Pentax/Ricoh Monthly Outing - Funan Anime Cosplay event photos sharing

Just read from some other sources.
My bad, it WON'T WORK for any flashes that has only ONE pin, e.g. Yongnuo flashes.

The supported flashes and those that can be calibrated will need to have more than one pin, usually those that allows some kind of TTL (eTTL, pTTL, etc).

Makes sense since a single pin serves only as a dumb contact point to fire which don't allow other form of communications.

Therefore, from what I understand, for Yongnuo flashes, for remote manual flash control, we will need the Yongnuo-iii WITH the new Yongnuo trigger.

Whereas for Cactus V6 trigger, it will work across ALL brands that has some form of TTL due to having more than one pin.

So that means you should be able to mount your Pentax flash with pTTL, and then just use any other brand's flash, that has some form of TTL, as off-shoe manual flashes.

Last edited:
final conclusion is will we able to use it with metz and pentax flash on cactus v6 trigger?

Should be yes.. Mount v6 with pTTL pass through on hot shoe, then utilize Metz as off shoe wireless manual flash with another v6.

Which Metz BTW?

Hi, anyone knows where and cost of cactus v6?
I wish to get 3 units,

Seems like a bigger unit than other triggers I have seen

I wish to get 3 units,

The official sale site seems to be from gadget infinity? I'm planning to get it but not sure when. LoL!

Reassessing my strobe usage.

I wish to get 3 units,

You have to get it from the Gadget Infinity here.

I gotten my V5 from there.

But sad that it can't use the remote control of flash power with V5..

Wah! Expensive, then next flash investment better get one with built in wireless receiver .

For pentax you are then limited to Yongnuo 560-iii. LoL!

I can imagine now using the V6 with old manual flashes, eg, AF280T, or even buy any other brand that has more than one contact pin for cheap. Think about it..

;)

Wow, I just went ti Gadget Infinity, its 54 USD !
Won't be getting !

why? At this price too expensive? For the transmitting and receiving part is awesome plus can be use as wireless shutter trigger is not bad though

why? At this price too expensive? For the transmitting and receiving part is awesome plus can be use as wireless shutter trigger is not bad though

I looked around on the web, are these Apurture triggers n receivers can do Pentax t/l possible ?:)

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Aputure-Trigmaster-Strobe-Flash-Speedlight-Flash-Camera-Shutter-Trigger-For-Pentax-K200-K110D-K100D-K-5II/101156_1317719347.html

I think there are alot of Wireless Triggers and receivers available in the market. PT-04 is another cheaper alternative.

The reason why the V6 is outstanding or different is that it has Wireless manual power control of flash power for those supported flash unit.
But really, for 1 piece it cost $54, it is stil alright, but if you want to control 3 other flash, you need another 3 more unit which is damn ex!

Last edited:
I think there are alot of Wireless Triggers and receivers available in the market. PT-04 is another cheaper alternative.

The reason why the V6 is outstanding or different is that it has Wireless manual power control of flash power for those supported flash unit.
But really, for 1 piece it cost $54, it is stil alright, but if you want to control 3 other flash, you need another 3 more unit which is damn ex!

It depends on how you look at it bro..

Sure, the trigger itself looks expensive. But think about it, being able to calibrate ANY vintage manual TTL flash that has at least 2 power steps, frees up your money.

Eg:

Main flash - Metz 52 ($300?)
3 vintage flash of ANY brand - 3x AF200T ($100 or lesser?)

Total - $400? or lesser + $150 (triggers) = $550 or lesser.

Now, do that the sum again with other manual 3rd party flash that allows more steps for manual power.
See the strength? The off shoe flash is not limited to a single brand or the latest and greatest.

Maybe the main flash is important because you never know when you need pTTL..
But otherwise, the rest of the flashes you can just use and throw or hunt for bargain vintage flashes, which has at least 2 steps of manual power, using off shoe, needn't have tilt and swivel.

Last edited: