PENTAX Optio WG-2 - 2012 TIPA Award “Best Rugged Compact Camera"

fengwei

Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
Source:
PENTAX - PENTAX Optio WG-2 Receives 2012 TIPA Award Adventure series camera awarded “Best Rugged Compact Camera” by international association

Denver, CO (April 16, 2012) – PENTAX RICOH IMAGING AMERICAS CORPORATION is pleased to announce that the PENTAX Optio WG-2 compact digital camera, launched in March 2012, has received a 2012 TIPA (Technical Image Press Association) Award for “Best Rugged Compact Camera”. The WG-2 was selected because of its exceptional image quality and outstanding operability in harsh conditions. The camera is waterproof up to 40 feet, dustproof, coldproof, crushproof, and shock-resistant.

TIPA is an independent, non-profit organization comprised of editors from 29 photo and imaging magazines in 14 countries, many in Europe. This year’s TIPA winners were chosen from a wide variety of new photo and imaging products that were introduced between April 1, 2011 and March 31, 2012.

TIPA panelists favored the WG-2 for its ability to shoot in poorly illuminated conditions, its ultra-rugged design to withstand life's everyday abuses and environmental conditions, as well as its full 1080p HD movie recording capability. Collectively, the camera represented an ideal imaging solution for anyone photographing almost anything...almost anywhere.

Additional features highlighted by TIPA members included the WG-2’s wide-angle 5x internal optical zoom lens (28-140mm equivalent), its unique six LED lights for extreme macro photography, and its sister GPS version that delivers a shorter time lag before GPS start-up and longer battery life during GPS activation.

Would love to have one of these for my kids:

1328652559_Optio_WG-2_GPS_Orange_3QLeftView_MacrolitesOn_TranspBckgrnd_sm_large.jpg

what a beauty! if only i dont have the wg1..

I am looking for this cam. Does anyone knows which shop carry this? I chked CP, MS, and TK foto.

Check with Distro APD to see which shops carry as they have just taken over and not all models are in as yet.

OP, SLRR Manly Dept Store @ Temple Street are other shops you can check.

So tempting! I cannot remember when was the last time Pentax won an award for it's compact cameras.

So tempting! I cannot remember when was the last time Pentax won an award for it's compact cameras.

It was S$365 at Newstead 3 months back I almost buy.