Pentax lens roadmap 2005-6

Status
Not open for further replies.

xdivider

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
Got from dpreview forums,

Pentax announced at PIM 2005 in Tokyo

- DA Fisheye zoom (approximately 10-20mm zoom range)
- DA "thin" LIMITED wide prime (20-30mm range)
- DA "thin" LIMITED mid-tele prime (60-70mm range)
- DFA "high performance" tele zoom (approximately 50-200mm zoom range)

No non-limited wide/tele prime though. This is likely going to cost a bomb :(

Wandering will Pentax come out any DA 300mm onwards?? :think:

after reading those interviews and stuff, i am impress with the way pentax thinks and plan their moves in the future.
haa.
looks like exciting times ahead for us all pentaxers.
esp with the range of limiteds that are in plans.

tiong78 said:
after reading those interviews and stuff, i am impress with the way pentax thinks and plan their moves in the future.
haa.

20mm pancake :devil:

yes..seems like they are trying to convert the point n shoot cam users to the DSLR users by enticing them w the advantages of the DSLRs and use of quality lens.but seems like new primes will all have the limited designation.
probably runs like 20/30mm,40mm, 60/70mm...
oh ya
is the 40 a metal constructed lens?

tiong78 said:
yes..seems like they are trying to convert the point n shoot cam users to the DSLR users by enticing them w the advantages of the DSLRs and use of quality lens.but seems like new primes will all have the limited designation.
probably runs like 20/30mm,40mm, 60/70mm...
oh ya
is the 40 a metal constructed lens?

Looks like the rest of the DA lens so far...... The limiteds should be metallic

tiong78 said:
haa.

The original 3 Pentax Limited lenses were legends. I hope Pentax isn't going the way of its competition by slapping "Limited" labels on anything it can get its stickers on!

well. we just have to wait and see. but i think the plan will be replace the FAs with the "limited" DAs cos of the crop factor.. so i dun think the quality will surpass the original limiteds.But at least they are black.
actually, they should have just come up with a 18-22mm FA wide angle lens and the limiteds would be complete. both SLR and DSLR users would have been happy.

Hmmm, I just had a thought on these new Limited lenses. The previous non-DA Limited lenses weren't truly limited-edition or rare in the traditional sense at all. "Limited" in this case just means a restricted number of units being produced every month (or so i've read).

So... perhaps these new DA "Limited" lenses are simply that? Just a restricted number produced every month? Perhaps with more people buying zooms rather than primes now, maybe alot more of their new DA primes are going to be called Limiteds simply because they don't NEED to produce that many... So maybe it could be true that all these new DA Limited lenses simply are a marketing ploy...

This is one of those cases where I really I hope i'm wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.