Pentax Lens Prices Going UP?

US of A lah!

Else we going to have a cow-bray-cow-bull thread here again. :D

Edit II : Removed comment, since Mr Khaw has already clarified that its not the case (ie. price rise)

Last edited:
Actually yes. I was quoted 16xx for FA31, 13xx for FA77 from the usual stores, a few hundred dollars diff fr a year plus back.

Actually yes. I was quoted 16xx for FA31, 13xx for FA77 from the usual stores, a few hundred dollars diff fr a year plus back.

Wow. Pretty ridiculous pricing going on here.

Full Frame DSLR ? Coming ? Only FA price increasing ??

???...its a $300+ difference since i bought the lenses just 1+ year ago!!!...haha..this is better investment than buying shares!

Last edited:
Full Frame DSLR ? Coming ? Only FA price increasing ??

No bro... Even DA lenses are... Heh...
Ridiculous.... But oh well~ Stick to the plastic fantastics, good enough.. Or swap to other brands.
Best to "spam" Sigma via email to get their as many of their lenses in K mounts.. ;)

Fk ... there goes my plans of getting the FA31 ...

There is always used FA31mms...

nah, the ridiculous 2nd hand market puts me off ... ppl have this weird idea that their 1 yr +++ lenses is only cheaper than store price by around $100 (don't even want to start on bodies). I would rather take that $100 for a yr of warrenty and piece of mind. who knows what abuse it have taken. with the price going up, i would not be surprise if ppl actually gets a profit selling the FAs, and it isn't even out of stock yet ...

also not to mention every reseller's lenses seems to be sitting in their dry cabi all the time ... wonder if it is a gimmick to maintain the price as a less used lenses.

Didn't know our local lens prices also went up. Good time to offload? All my Pentax gear haven't seen much use nowadays, only brought out one or two lenses every time during monthly outing, then the lenses just stuck in drycabi waiting for their turns :(

I use old manual lens, it doesnt affect me.

The only current pentax af lens i used is dal 18-55.

Didn't know our local lens prices also went up. Good time to offload? All my Pentax gear haven't seen much use nowadays, only brought out one or two lenses every time during monthly outing, then the lenses just stuck in drycabi waiting for their turns :(

Boss u may not be aware, u are like warren buffet of Pentax.

The day u mass offload ur lens, is the day Pentax will crash in sg.

Hahah

As far as i can say, the FOB prices to distributor has not gone up. if you're being "overquoted" outside, then you may be taken advantage of.

As far as i can say, the FOB prices to distributor has not gone up. if you're being "overquoted" outside, then you may be taken advantage of.

Erm... Don't mind me asking, so where do we get the official Pentax pricing?

Thx for clarifying.

These are FA lenses back in film, it's ridiculous to jack up prices for old lenses. it'd made more sense to put a higher price tag on new lens which come with build, IQ etc. Further more, why sg must follow US in price increases? If prices in US plunge, will local camera store in sg follow suit?

Boss u may not be aware, u are like warren buffet of Pentax.

The day u mass offload ur lens, is the day Pentax will crash in sg.

Hahah

I was joking. No more lens to sell liao. Just keep whatever I have, probably only change lenses when Pentax FF does show up.

These are FA lenses back in film, it's ridiculous to jack up prices for old lenses. it'd made more sense to put a higher price tag on new lens which come with build, IQ etc. Further more, why sg must follow US in price increases? If prices in US plunge, will local camera store in sg follow suit?

Don't make your judgement so soon, our local prices have been pretty stable in the past a few months. Don't think local prices will follow US ones :)

for sure not gonna follow USA

I am still thinking whether to off load some lenses in my dry cabi to cut down the Pentax stuffs i have...:bsmilie: