Pentax Kx - in yellow/green/orange/light blue at T1/T2 Airport

chinnian

Sep 10, 2007
OK, I've actually checked with the electronics shop in the airport that carries a wide range of Pentax.
They have the Kx in yellow, orange, green, light blue.
Price of it for body with 18-55mm is $1299. Body with 18-55mm+50-200mm is $1399.
Yes, that's what the guy quoted me over the phone.
These prices are excluding GST, meant for departures.
If you are arriving, rightfully you have to pay GST. I'm not sure it's the shop that will check passport/boarding pass when you buy it or he meant that buyer have to declare to custom.

Anyone here bought from the airport before?

I've called Emjay. They said that's the only shop in SG that carries other colours.
So ya, if any of you would like to get those colours locally, you must be either at the airport, departing/arriving or if you have some sort of pass to get in that area. And at the prices he quoted, sticking to black/white/red/navy really saves a lot of money.

my sis went there to check out panny gf1 for me also.. that's b4 i decided that kx is more suitable for me..
according to my sis, they should carry the colors that local market doesnt hava and the price excludes gst, but slightly more exp..

oh yea, i'll be arriving and leaving from the airport this june/august.. ahahaha

I was quoted $1200 last month though for single lens kit.

I personally find that the prices is not cheap at the airport.

Previously, I was looking for a mobile phone and I thought the price will be cheaper at the airport. But, turned out to be the same price as the one that I have asked in a neighbourhood shop.

I was wondering why because with the omission of the GST, prices should be cheaper...
:confused::confused:

yea.. no GST but then their rental is bloody high.. cant expect much

Yes, no GST only if you buy and leaving Sgp. Yes, passport and ticket are needed for purchase. And correctly stated, you don't get a "world class" airport with cheap rental. Think how much more rental against your Manly (Temple St) or even SLR (Funan). The 7% offset cannot offset the rental which could be a lot more!

High rental or not, sales of Pentax at the airport is pretty brisk.