Pentax K3-II Announced

Asked too. They simply have no idea. Disappointing.

Man, what we have is an inept distributor. Product has been launched and being sold in EU and other parts but in SG we see nothing. Don't tell e that they are waiting for FF to come out then sell the FF body only? mm...

I think APD has usefulness, like taking my stucked battery from my Q, like on n off promotion booth for Pentax n Sigma , like more shops in Funan has Pentax shelf, great technical service guy, Sponsor photo competition during sea games,... Perhaps they can add monthly photo winner with prize? Or organize jointly with DSC Malaysia outing in Malaysia?
Man, what we have is an inept distributor. Product has been launched and being sold in EU and other parts but in SG we see nothing. Don't tell e that they are waiting for FF to come out then sell the FF body only? mm...

Actual experience with APD for K-S2

I remember asking around funan shops about the availability of K-S2. All of them say they do not have it as distributor (APD) is not bringing it in...i come back and posted here about this...think it was about 1 week later when i was at APD to collect back my K3, i casually asked one of the staff about the possibility for me to order K-S2 through them..to my surprise, they told me the stock was already in the day before and some of the shops already had it in the shops...the staff was even nice enough to tell me which shops have it and which shop will only receive the stock the next day...

so my feel is that either APD is monitoring CS and listening to us or there is some delay in getting stock (being a very small market in sg)..either way..i wun be surprised if k3ii will be in soon

Actual experience with APD for K-S2

I remember asking around funan shops about the availability of K-S2. All of them say they do not have it as distributor (APD) is not bringing it in...i come back and posted here about this...think it was about 1 week later when i was at APD to collect back my K3, i casually asked one of the staff about the possibility for me to order K-S2 through them..to my surprise, they told me the stock was already in the day before and some of the shops already had it in the shops...the staff was even nice enough to tell me which shops have it and which shop will only receive the stock the next day...

so my feel is that either APD is monitoring CS and listening to us or there is some delay in getting stock (being a very small market in sg)..either way..i wun be surprised if k3ii will be in soon

Certainly good to here some positive experiences here.

Last edited:
I hope they are hearing us now ... I need a K3-II NOW ... or at least lower your K3 price as a viable alternative (like what the 7100 did). :)

Anyone with info on the release date for this locally?

I'm starting to think it will never see the light of day in Singapore.

There is a Pentax ad in today's Straits Times page A56. K-3 II body is listed at $1788, 18-135 Kit at $2488, 16-85 Kit at $2788.

If i remember, B&H selling USD 900 plus body only.....

There is a Pentax ad in today's Straits Times page A56. K-3 II body is listed at $1788, 18-135 Kit at $2488, 16-85 Kit at $2788.

Thanks. Never expected prices to be this high.

The Pentax SG website lists the body at a RRP of $1499.00.

Top up a little more and get the D750 24-120 Kit.

Last edited:
Pentax SG S$1499 and B&H US$749 are for the older K-3. K-3 II is US$935 on B&H.