Pentax K20D out of stock and not coming in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ishou80

Mar 9, 2008
Choa Chu Kang
Hi guys,

New to clubSNAP and was thinking of getting my first DSLR and I was told that Pentax camera is value for $ so I thought of getting K20D but I was down at CP in Marina Sq and I was told that it was sold out and they most probably not bringing in anymore but I thought this is a new model so I thought of asking you guys here whether is it true or not? If it's true then any other model you guys can recommend for a newbie like me?

Thanks alot!

Hi guys,

New to clubSNAP and was thinking of getting my first DSLR and I was told that Pentax camera is value for $ so I thought of getting K20D but I was down at CP in Marina Sq and I was told that it was sold out and they most probably not bringing in anymore but I thought this is a new model so I thought of asking you guys here whether is it true or not? If it's true then any other model you guys can recommend for a newbie like me?

Thanks alot!

Probably you should check out MS Color in AMK, CP at Peninsula, Alan Photo at SLS, or TK Foto at Shaw Towers. I'm sure you'd be able to fine one in one of those stores :)

Good luck.

Hi guys,

Thanks alot!

No worries, u can try at "East......" (with "FujiFilm" Banner) on Level 3 in High Street Shopping Centre opposite The Parliament House and New High Court. They still have some stocks, I think so. Good luck.

Thanks alot guys! I'm thinking of getting it together with Sigma 17-70mm lens. Is this a good beginner lens to play with?

wow..you took all the photos with that lens?

Yes, U can buy K20D body only from any shop and buy Sigma 1770mm from fengwei who is selling this in Buy/Sell thread. That will save your budget at least. :)

Probably, I got that last piece from CP marina last Friday.. I don't recall properly, but the salesman may have mentioned that it was the last unit they had. :think: It was definitely OOS at CP-PP.

It was also OOS at AP-Funan last Friday; stocks were supposed to come in this week. A couple of other shops had the body in stock, but the price was not right.

i checked w AP at funan last weekend. K20D sold out cos there were only 2 pc in the shop. salesman said Pentax marketing is poor so stock the minimum qty. dont know when the new stock will come.

the price quoted is S$1700 for body w/out GST.

Saw one new piece at MS @ angmokio hub 2nd level last week. quoted $1,850.

I called the "original" MS Color up few days back and yes they do have it in stock but i didn't asked how many sets.
If you are keen, suggest you called them up and make a reservation before you head down. Luck! ;)

I drop MS Color a mail asking for a quote about the price. CP previously quoted me $1899 but out of stock.

I hope fengwei's 17-70 is still available when I got my cam...

What will be a ok price for K20D at the moment? As I heard more models are coming out end of April so the price might be drop for the older models?

I drop MS Color a mail asking for a quote about the price. CP previously quoted me $1899 but out of stock.

What will be a ok price for K20D at the moment? As I heard more models are coming out end of April so the price might be drop for the older models?

The K20D camera body has been selling for around $1850 here in local stores, plus or minus 10 bucks depends on which store you buy :) A great camera I'd say.

As to the Sigma 1770 lens, please check your pm ;)

you will not regret the K20D for the price and performance i would say its a winner :)

LOL. From the "among-the-first" K20D owner who have shown results from pictures of his, any potential K20D owners can take his words. ;)

LOL. From the "among-the-first" K20D owner who have shown results from pictures of his, any potential K20D owners can take his words. ;)

Nothing but the true is "TRUE" :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

hahaha...actually my initial thought is get a K10D but after seeing all the post about K20D I was moved..hahaha but for beginner I wonder will K20D about too exp to start with?

Status
Not open for further replies.