Pentax K1 II is real! - upgrade offered for existing K1 users

pinholecam

Staff member
Jul 23, 2007
So the rumors are now confirmed.

K1II will be released as an update to the 2016 K1.

https://www.ephotozine.com/article/...rived---we-have-sample-photos-to-share--31980

https://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/pentax-k1-ii/pentax-k1-iiA.HTM

Furthermore, for existing users (note : So far its for US/CAD users; TBC for SGP) Pentax will be offering a circuit board upgrade for USD550 to bring it up to the same specs as the K1II.
This is really an unprecedented move by any camera maker.
https://us.ricoh-imaging.com/index.php/news/68-upgrade-pentax-k1

Notable new features :

1. Newly incorporated accelerator unit to assure high-quality images and excellent super-high-sensitivity imaging performance
PENTAX has also made a thorough review of all image-processing parameters to assure adherence to its original colour scheme, with special emphasis on deep blues and lively greens. PENTAX has also drastically improved the camera’s noise-reduction performance at a high-sensitivity range - up to ISO 819200

2. Pixel Shift Resolution System II to take advantage of advanced super-resolution technology in handheld shooting
In the new Dynamic Pixel Shift Resolution mode, which can be used during handheld shooting, this system can be used jointly with the camera’s shake-reduction mechanism, since it synthesizes the captured super-high-resolution images by detecting the slight fluctuations of the subject’s position during continuous shooting.

3. SAFOX 12 with 33 sensor points and full-frame-proportioned AF frame
AF Tracking algorithm has also been revised to improve tracking accuracy of fast-moving subjects in the AF.C (AF Continuous) mode.

There are more features but on a casual glance, they are already what we enjoy on the K1.

Reactions: mtc
Thanks JK for the post. Have to wait for user review and see how good is the improvement on it pixel shift and color scheme.

Ya agree as recently already addicted to use this ps more often. Just wanted to know the handheld ps is it good enough to have as some situation really dont have a tripod on hands. Thx jk

I read China is charging 3000rmb for the circuit board upgrade, hope SG has this service too and at a good price.

Ya agree as recently already addicted to use this ps more often. Just wanted to know the handheld ps is it good enough to have as some situation really dont have a tripod on hands. Thx jk

I am waiting to see some sample and 1st hand reports on this.
It seems to be an improvement over other implementations of this in that it still only needs 4 frames to get the dynamic pixel shift.
Those that I have seen being demonstrated needs many more frames than just 4. (hence becoming not too practical).

I read China is charging 3000rmb for the circuit board upgrade, hope SG has this service too and at a good price.
Lets see....

Unique idea that allow existing K1 users to have a chance to upgrade.

hope it will be available locally and at a reasonable price, please!!!!

Not sure if the usual retailers will bring in the K1 MKII. Seems like awefully quiet.

Not sure if the usual retailers will bring in the K1 MKII. Seems like awefully quiet.

Everyone is so passive nowadays.... of course its become very quiet. :D

Unique idea that allow existing K1 users to have a chance to upgrade.

hope it will be available locally and at a reasonable price, please!!!!

anyone have an update if the upgrade will be available locally?

Upgrade will be available to SG K1 MkI owners. Was told this when I went over last week to have my FA43mm repaired. Pricewise, please contact APDS directly.

Thanks for checking. :)

Anyone has APDS contact details to share here?

Anyone has APDS contact details to share here?

There is such a thing called Google, but since you asked:

Audio & Photo Distributor (F.E) Pte LtdSIGMA Marketing (Singapore) Pte Ltd
3791 Jalan Bukit Merah,#07-19/20 E-Centre@Redhill
Singapore 159471
Tel: 6273 9622 Fax: 6274

Singapore 159471

Contacted, I'm keen for the upgrade.

Singapore 159471

tks felixcat8888,

guess google cannot understand what does apds means and directed me to other sites :bsmilie:

Hi Terry,

We use the short form APDS but you must know the proper name.
Audio and Photo Distributors.

No worries. Just glad to help.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

would the K1 Mk2 cost a bomb?