Pentax from US

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayster

Feb 25, 2007
Singapore, Punggol
Anyone keen to buy stuff from US? I have just check on B&H, and find that the price is more than 100 cheaper than in Sin, when added shipping.

if we co-share the shipping, i believe it will be cheaper...

You might want to check Adorama too. It is even cheaper that B&H.

Anyone keen to buy stuff from US? I have just check on B&H, and find that the price is more than 100 cheaper than in Sin, when added shipping.

Eyeing some lens from adorama. Apart from shipping, any additional cost to consider, like tax,..?
If cheaper, :thumbsup:

Think once exceeded $400 u need to pay GST?

And don't forget this $400 including shipping cost too. Let's say if the actual package value is $350SGD, and shipping is $50SGD, you still need to pay import tax (7%). There was one time I got taxed because of this :(

And don't forget this $400 including shipping cost too. Let's say if the actual package value is $350SGD, and shipping is $50SGD, you still need to pay import tax (7%). There was one time I got taxed because of this :(

hi, fengwei, how many time did you do like this?

oh.. seem like i need to ask my friend for help then... see if they are coming back from US.. i should have got them when I went to Texas early this month.. damn.. no choice... was saving up..

oh.. seem like i need to ask my friend for help then... see if they are coming back from US.. i should have got them when I went to Texas early this month.. damn.. no choice... was saving up..

ok.. got my friend to help me carry back.. anyone want my K10D??:D

i am thinking of getting a pentax flashe (AF-540 FGZ P-TTL Shoe Mount Flash) is compatable with k100d super right and also k20d (in case i need another body)?

U need to check properly...
Usually if i buy frm USA then I calculate the total amt include shipping, GST etc..
Some after all these r still abt 100plus cheaper as compared to Sg...
But some r not really worth it...

thanks.. ya true, even if i get my friend to bring back from NY is not worth.. unless its from other states that have no Tax...like LA..

Mee too... But there were times when cost @ 790 USD and no tax :bsmilie:

I think its random checking and if you are lucky there is no GST but if your item is picked up for the "random" check then the above $400 apply :sweat:

But if u go thru vpost sure got GST imposed for stuffs above $400...

So any body still interested in getting from ado/b&h so that we can share the shipping.

by the way does stuff from US come with int warranty? at B&H they have some 3 and 5 years warranty but I believe those apply to US and not pentax warranty right? Which site sells with international warranty?

by the way does stuff from US come with int warranty? at B&H they have some 3 and 5 years warranty but I believe those apply to US and not pentax warranty right? Which site sells with international warranty?

No it comes with US warranty..
U need email to Pentax USA with your proof of purchase and they will mail you the international warranty...

We did talk abt this b4... Not too sure whether the thread still ard or not...

No it comes with US warranty..
U need email to Pentax USA with your proof of purchase and they will mail you the international warranty...

We did talk abt this b4... Not too sure whether the thread still ard or not...

I'm new here.

Oh, i didn't know that this can be done. Need to send email pentax tonight. As for whether to buy or not from USA, my decision is actually base on availability. If you can't find the lens in SG, then price will no longer be a factor, right?

ordered from adorama before. they ship very fast. order will probably take two days to reach you. as for GST, you have to pay that for any purchase over $400. the fedex guy who delivers the package to you will collect it from you.

I'm new here.

Oh, i didn't know that this can be done. Need to send email pentax tonight. As for whether to buy or not from USA, my decision is actually base on availability. If you can't find the lens in SG, then price will no longer be a factor, right?

Ya you can do that... Manage to dig up the previous thread...
You can find out how to get ur International warranty if u buy from USA..
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=358867

Status
Not open for further replies.