Pentax FA 35mm F2 AL

ShinApple

Mar 18, 2009
Clementi
I love this lense tbh, so just want to get to know it more through clubsnap members.

Any differences between the Samsung version and Pentax? In terms of IQ only.

What's the chance of getting another copy nowadays? What's the price :) ?

T/y and cheeeeeeeeeeers :)

I love this lense tbh, so just want to get to know it more through clubsnap members.

Any differences between the Samsung version and Pentax? In terms of IQ only.

What's the chance of getting another copy nowadays? What's the price :) ?

T/y and cheeeeeeeeeeers :)

i think there is no differences between pentax and samsung version..

chances of getting a new copy is quite good as I saw it at SLR abt 1 month ago..can call them up and check the price..the last time i check the price..its quite awhile ago liao...

Are you considering the Pentax 35mm f/2.4 as well? It's a much cheaper option, but of course it's not supposed to be used on film cameras, though I think Fengwei has used it with good results!

Got a Samsung 35/2 for a good price in the past, only real difference compared to the Pentax FA is the lack of a sliding window for CPL in the hood. Otherwise, I think it's identical, even includes the nylon pouch.

Compared to the DA35/2.4 it's feels a lot more solid. I'd personally go for the FA (if you can find one at a reasonable price these days...), although the DA is a good buy at the super affordable price.

For me, it's all moot, because I sold my Samsung 35/2 after getting the holy grail - the FA31.

Have both 35/2.4 and 35/2.0 will do a comparison if I've got the time

35 on a APS-C is my favorite focal length. Good for portraits and street photog

SLRR shld have stock. New one about 800

Got a Samsung 35/2 for a good price in the past, only real difference compared to the Pentax FA is the lack of a sliding window for CPL in the hood. Otherwise, I think it's identical, even includes the nylon pouch.

Compared to the DA35/2.4 it's feels a lot more solid. I'd personally go for the FA (if you can find one at a reasonable price these days...), although the DA is a good buy at the super affordable price.

For me, it's all moot, because I sold my Samsung 35/2 after getting the holy grail - the FA31.

haha..i sold my FA35 after getting the FA31...but i still miss the FA35 alot esp its size

I've done a pretty comprehensive comparison between these two before, other than built quality, the difference is really minimum. I'd go for the DA35/2.4 between these two. And yes, the DA one works great on film cameras w on-body aperture control.

I've done a pretty comprehensive comparison between these two before, other than built quality, the difference is really minimum. I'd go for the DA35/2.4 between these two. And yes, the DA one works great on film cameras w on-body aperture control.

+1 o this.
Perhaps the most comprehensive comparisons on all the 35mm lenses.
The DA35/2.4 is the one to get based on the comparison. As sharp as the FA35 and maybe a bit better bokeh (of that particular comparison anyway).
Need to get over the psychological barrier that its 1/3 stop slower and very near in number to f2.8 of course.