Pentax F 1.7x AF teleconverter -LIVES AGAIN!

Thanks pinholecam for the info :thumbsup:
I've been eyeing this item ever since I own a pentax DSLR.

I've just bought it from amazon japan, for <S$300, vpost shipping should be <$30.
I am not sure if can get cheaper, but I am not going to wait to find out.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B002HJUMF0/ref=s9_simi_gw_s0_p23_t1?pf_rd_m=AN1VRQENFRJN5&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=1BPBAMQYNDMGGKRVX426&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=463376736&pf_rd_i=489986

Is it back order? Amazon price is good but seems need to wait for stock. Other sellers have in stock but much higher.
Do you get delivery advise when you order?

Certainly some good news running up to 2010. :)

The Pentax F 1.7x AF teleconverter seems to be now manufactured new in Vietnam.
I was able to obtain this from a shop in Japan. New with warranty.

The Box (says made in Vietnam)
K7JP0570.JPG

So start pulling your Jap connections and get one :D

Hi JK, thanks for sharing the info. Many sources said this one has been discontinued long time ago. It's good to know that Pentax is still producing this wonderful TC.

Is it back order? Amazon price is good but seems need to wait for stock. Other sellers have in stock but much higher.
Do you get delivery advise when you order?

I got an advise it was delivered today.... seems to be in stock

Mine was delivered to Vpost address according to tracking result. But no news from Vpost yet. How much i need to wait ;(

Heng I bought 2 at USD 100 (SGD 150) before prices went nuts. For those who are intending to use this, I tried this stacked before with a FA 300/4.5 and 1.4. As long as the initial combo gives enough contrast, and the conditions are sunny enough, it will AF. However, with non ED long glass, this is a recipe for purple.........

Hi JK, thanks for sharing the info. Many sources said this one has been discontinued long time ago. It's good to know that Pentax is still producing this wonderful TC.

I just want to let everyone know that it can be purchase in Japan at least and at a reasonable price, as the ebay ones go for as much as USD400. :bigeyes:

Still have no chance to try on my Enna Tele-enalyt 400/4.5 :D
It needs the alu foil trick to make it AF.

Great news! Thx for updating

Heng I bought 2 at USD 100 (SGD 150) before prices went nuts. For those who are intending to use this, I tried this stacked before with a FA 300/4.5 and 1.4. As long as the initial combo gives enough contrast, and the conditions are sunny enough, it will AF. However, with non ED long glass, this is a recipe for purple.........

You mean you put
1.7x TC + 1.4x TC + FA 300/4.5
and the 1.7x TC still auto focus ?

You mean you put

This has been well reported in PentaxForums as well.

You mean you put

Ya. I juz got hold of a kenko AF 1.5x, Probably will try for 300 x 1.5x 1.7 and see if the resulting combo works. Strong sunlight is key........

Thanks pinholecam for the info :thumbsup:
I've been eyeing this item ever since I own a pentax DSLR.

I've just bought it from amazon japan, for <S$300, vpost shipping should be <$30.
I am not sure if can get cheaper, but I am not going to wait to find out.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B002HJUMF0/ref=s9_simi_gw_s0_p23_t1?pf_rd_m=AN1VRQENFRJN5&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=1BPBAMQYNDMGGKRVX426&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=463376736&pf_rd_i=489986

Hi snapnut.
I saw that you had bought an A-F 1.7x Pentax adapter from the Amazon Japan site.
I've tried that and only tells me that they will not deliver where I reside (Canada).
How did you manage to get through the Japanese language in there?
Hope you can help!

Thanks,

JP

He's using vpost, which is a proxy shipping address in Japan that will reship to Singapore.
Not sure if there is a similar service for Canadians...

Hi snapnut.
I saw that you had bought an A-F 1.7x Pentax adapter from the Amazon Japan site.
I've tried that and only tells me that they will not deliver where I reside (Canada).
How did you manage to get through the Japanese language in there?
Hope you can help!

Thanks,

JP

Yap... I use vpost Singaopre proxy service... ship to Japan address... then to Singapore.
Amazon Japan do have english translated pages (top right corner "In English")... and Google translate helps.
I've receive the item... works pretty well with a Pentax-M 200mm f4

I saw this website when looking for alternative to vpost.

http://www.tenso.com/en/

It looks like they can deliver to Canada, However, do note that I have not used their services before thus this is not a recommendation, You need to do your own research to see if this can work for you and that you trust their service.

Hope that helps.

Ya. I juz got hold of a kenko AF 1.5x, Probably will try for 300 x 1.5x 1.7 and see if the resulting combo works. Strong sunlight is key........

wow...the kenko one is going for about S$207 without shipping...how good are the photo qualities?

wa the pentax af adapter can find in local stores? or any lobang for online purchase?

This has been well reported in PentaxForums as well.

sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but could you share which brick and mortar store in Japan you got this from?

sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but could you share which brick and mortar store in Japan you got this from?

It was BIC camera IIRC.

So are people using this TC happy with the results against the cost you pay? I see this from $100 - $350 and even U$400. How could a product pricing varies this dramatically? Availability seems only in Japan.

Again, where is the brick and mortar shop in Japan? In Tokyo Akihabara? Do you have the address? I will get a friend to buy it, and then hand carry over by a visitor. I appreciate your help in the information. Thank you, arigato gozamasu

So are people using this TC happy with the results against the cost you pay? I see this from $100 - $350 and even U$400. How could a product pricing varies this dramatically? Availability seems only in Japan.

Again, where is the brick and mortar shop in Japan? In Tokyo Akihabara? Do you have the address? I will get a friend to buy it, and then hand carry over by a visitor. I appreciate your help in the information. Thank you, arigato gozamasu

K7JP4071.JPG

Don't think I've used it enough.
If you know how the lion in the zoo likes to stay in their sleeping corner from morning to midday, then you will know the reach this teleconverter is giving you together with a F*300

K7JP2280.jpg

Used with a 50mm and extension tube.

AFAIK, should be available in Japan is most shops. Mine was from BIC camera in Shinjuku. I have heard Map Camera has it as well. All are subject to the usual availability/stock issues in any brick and mortar shop, so call ahead to check if you can.

I got mine recently which is new but old stock and MIJ. Paid slightly about USD300 for it.:)