Pentax 10-17mm Fisheye Local Prices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fengwei

Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
Hi All,

Got some bonus money to spend :D Wanna buy this lens, but seems can't find this one in any local store so far :(

Anyone knows which store has it instock? And the price?

Your info will be very appreciated.

Thanks a bunch.

I think it should arrive Singapore after June. Even Hongkong also no this len in shop.

Got call back from Shriro (the new Pentax Agent) this morning, was told that the lens might be in stock (in Malaysia) by mid of April. No price info at the moment :(

Hi all,

Is it true that Fisheye 10-17 lens is available now from Max photo on this monday (3/13). Has anyone got it already? What is the price? How about other retail shops such as Cathay Photo, Alan Photo and others. Do they carry this lens? How about the price?

Thanks and Best Regards,
Dan

danst said:
Hi all,

Is it true that Fisheye 10-17 lens is available now from Max photo on this monday (3/13). Has anyone got it already? What is the price? How about other retail shops such as Cathay Photo, Alan Photo and others. Do they carry this lens? How about the price?

Thanks and Best Regards,
Dan

Called Max PHoto today, was told the lens still not in stock yet. Probably will be here next week the earliest :(

fengwei said:
Called Max PHoto today, was told the lens still not in stock yet. Probably will be here next week the earliest :(

Have you placed order already? How much is it? i am interested in it. Probably we can get better price if we buy together. What do you think?

Dan

danst said:
Have you placed order already? How much is it? i am interested in it. Probably we can get better price if we buy together. What do you think?

Dan

Nope, haven't placed order yet. Don't know the price so can't decide where to buy yet. Will wait for the lens instock first.

Would be great if we could get a group discount if buying together ;p Let's wait and see...

fengwei said:
Nope, haven't placed order yet. Don't know the price so can't decide where to buy yet. Will wait for the lens instock first.

Would be great if we could get a group discount if buying together ;p Let's wait and see...

Great! Looking forward to your good news soon!:)

kelvinang said:
B&H (http://www.bhphotovideo.com)
USD 499.95 + USD 41.50 shipping (3-day UPS)

About SGD 880 (today's rate) right to your doorstep. An excellent option if you don't want to wait.

Thanks Kelvin for the info. The price over there was US$579 a couple of days ago:confused:

Oh well, plus the import tax, and some extra cost (UPS will charge at least $10 for processing fee), it'd be over S900 already. Might just wait for a couple of weeks and see what the local price is :)

fengwei said:
Thanks Kelvin for the info. The price over there was US$579 a couple of days ago:confused:

Oh well, plus the import tax, and some extra cost (UPS will charge at least $10 for processing fee), it'd be over S900 already. Might just wait for a couple of weeks and see what the local price is :)

Hmm I was never charged these fees. Didn't know they exist!

From my experience, if you are buying just one item for personal use, you generally don't get charged GST for it although anything exceeding SGD 400 (I believe) requires you to pay GST. There is however no taxes relating to importing goods as far as I'm aware.

I shipped UPS several times from USA and Hong Kong and was never asked to pay anything beyond the rated "shipping price". Maybe it was included, or absorbed, by the retailer. An alternative would be USPS Air Parcel, but this often ends up more expensive and slower than UPS.

Hey, i also dun know at after what price the delivery man would ask for GST.

I once bought something delivered by UPS, the delivery man asked for GST, the amount is S$60+ as it's over S$2k. I dun have that much cash at home with me then... pai sey... he came knocking on my dr in the morning while i'm still asleep... I blur!

Subsequently things that i bought of S$150 to S$350 delivered by FedEx, there wasn't GST.

kelvinang said:
Hmm I was never charged these fees. Didn't know they exist!

From my experience, if you are buying just one item for personal use, you generally don't get charged GST for it although anything exceeding SGD 400 (I believe) requires you to pay GST. There is however no taxes relating to importing goods as far as I'm aware.

I shipped UPS several times from USA and Hong Kong and was never asked to pay anything beyond the rated "shipping price". Maybe it was included, or absorbed, by the retailer. An alternative would be USPS Air Parcel, but this often ends up more expensive and slower than UPS.

I bought many items from the US, but only was charged GST once, and it's UPS that I used. The guy didn't only charge me for 5% GST, also S$10 additional processing fee! I asked him why, and he said it's just like that :confused:

Anyway, I'd avoid UPS as much as I can. USPS is far cheaper ...

I didn't know UPS will charge all dat. I just received my Panerai watch from US ship by FEDEX they never charge me for GST or processing fees, flat USD67 with insurance. I agree with fengwei, USPS is much cheaper.

Hi all,

Any local shop selling this fisheye lens now? Wanted to get one for my coming Japan trip in end April.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Dan

danst said:
Hi all,

Any local shop selling this fisheye lens now? Wanted to get one for my coming Japan trip in end April.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Dan

maybe you get a better deal in Japan...;)

k_istDS said:
maybe you get a better deal in Japan...;)

Not really, especially for brand new one. Sometimes prices over there are more expensive, or at least on par with those in the States :)

But it's a lot easier to get Pentax lenses there, that's for sure ;)

fengwei said:
Not really, especially for brand new one. Sometimes prices over there are more expensive, or at least on par with those in the States :)

But it's a lot easier to get Pentax lenses there, that's for sure ;)

Mapcamera in Shinjuku quoted me 48500 yen.

xdivider said:
Mapcamera in Shinjuku quoted me 48500 yen.

Really? Can you bring one back to me? I'd add some more on top of that price, make it to S$700 (=51150 yen) COD when you are back :D

Status
Not open for further replies.